Position Summary and Responsibilities:
The Talent Acquisition Specialist is an important member of our recruiting team, focused on sourcing, screening, and conducting interviews for candidates to fill various technical and administrative roles. You will work closely with our HR team and our hiring managers to identify hiring needs and schedule interviews with candidates that pass our phone screens . To be successful, the Talent Acquisition Specialist must be an excellent communicator, experienced at quickly assessing candidate qualifications both on resumes as well as during interviews, and promote our employer brand to prospective employees. A proven track record of closing positions particularly with an emphasis in IT or similar technical roles will be advantageous.
What do our Talent Acquisition Specialists do?
- Create and/or update and post job descriptions into BambooHR (our HRIS and ATS tool) to effectively capture job candidates.
- Source passive candidates on platforms such as Indeed and LinkedIn to available job opportunities. This includes crafting and sending personalized recruiting emails with current job openings to passive candidates.
- Parse specialized skills and qualifications to screen resumes.
- Perform initial phone screens to analyze applicants abilities and qualifications.
- Interview candidates combining various methods (structured interviews, basic technical assessments, and behavioral questions to identify soft skills).
- Coordinate with Team Leaders and hiring managers to schedule final interviews.
- Participate in tech conferences and meetups as needed to network with candidates and IT professionals.
- Compose and send job offer letters as well as other required documentation
- Promote our company and benefits to prospects.
What skills do I need to be a successful Talent Acquisition Specialist?
- Proven work experience as a recruiter or a technical recruiter.
- Hands-on experience with various interview formats, such as phone, Microsoft Teams, structured, etc.)
- An ability to understand and explain job requirements for IT roles.
- Familiarity with sourcing passive job candidates as well as working with an Applicant Tracking System and resume databases.
- Knowledge of sourcing techniques (social media recruiting, Boolean searches, etc.).
- Work effectively within a team as well as independently.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Possess talented interpersonal abilities to build rapport with potential prospects and teammates alike.
- Have a strong sense of initiative and ownership of your work.
- Exceptional follow-through skills.
What are the qualifications I need to have?
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in a recruiting or talent acquisition role, with a focus on IT strongly preferred.
- Experience with BambooHR a plus.
- A commitment to a high professional ethical standard and individual integrity.
What is the physical work environment like?
- This position requires standing, walking, sitting, using hands, seeing, reaching, talking, and hearing. May need to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some after-hours work will be required.
How often will I get formal feedback on how well I'm doing?
- 90-day, six-month, and annual (12-month) performance reviews, with yearly reviews being a performance and salary review.
- Performance review goals will be established between you and your team leader.
- Regular 1:1 meetings with your Team Leader
Why should you work here?
- Awesome, inclusive corporate culture: We have worked very hard to create a culture of unity, transparency, and trust. Our leadership team wants you to be successful, and we will do anything we can to support your personal and professional growth.
- Salary based upon on what you bring to the table.
- Shared group/health benefits plans, including a retirement plan.
- Education and certification reimbursement is also available so we can help you move up the ranks.
- Flexible schedule to fit your family's needs.
- Outstanding teammates; we're very selective to make sure we have the best staff available for you to work alongside!
- Many teambuilding and company events throughout the year so you can get to know your teammates on a more personal level, as well as kick back and have some fun (families are oftentimes included as well).
If this sounds like your type of place and you can wow us with your spectacular skill set, then we would love to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and invite diversity in our applicants; our differences make us stronger! We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates of all races, sexes, colours, religions, sexual orientations, disabilities, ages, and gender identities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all stages of the selection process.