Hotel Equities, one of the top hotel development and management companies in the industry, is currently searching for a remarkable Dual Director of Sales for our Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn hotels in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta. This is a dual position and the applicant will be responsible for the total sales effort at both hotels which are located 37 km apart.
Hotel Equities offers an award-winning culture and a unique environment that empowers our team to exceed guests' expectations and make a distinct difference in people's lives. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, authentic, and prepared to prospect, sell, and maintain accounts to positively impact revenues for a "best in class" hotel!
The Dual Director of Sales will be responsible for the development and implementation of the total sales effort of the hotel, including securing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, and executing sales and marketing strategies to maximize the profitability of the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction. Other responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining rapport and developing future business with existing contacts
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key clients in order to produce group business
- Attending trade shows, networking events, developing and maintaining good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups, companies, and trade organizations, and attending local and out-of-town meetings and conventions in order to generate sales for the hotel
- Conducting site tours
- Maintaining customer database via Hotel Sales Pro
- Developing contracts and following up with customers
- Developing and managing the departmental budget and monitoring sales activity and performance to ensure sales meet or exceed established profit plan and to accurately report variances/projections to management
Please note that this job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all functions that a Dual Director of Sales may be asked to perform.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2 years sales experience within the hospitality industry required
- Marriott experience preferred
- Select Service hotel experience
- Market knowledge preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Office, Internet
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Display initiative, perseverance and analytical skills
- Effective communication
- Professional and ethical
- Excellent customer service skills
- Quick learner and hard worker
- Team player and ability to get along with others
- Available to meet guests which may include weekends
- Ability to read, write and speak English, with excellent grammar and communication skills
Please note successful candidate will be subject to a criminal record check.