Requisition ID: 75247
Job Category: Campus; Human Resources
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff, with experience in over 150 countries, to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Our Project Delivery Group (PDG) helps clients with world-class project delivery from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies through our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
Hatch Ltd. is seeking a highly motivated and energetic Human Resources Coordinator to join our HR Shared Services team in Mississauga! In this role, you will report to the HR Service Center Lead in Mississauga and collaborate with the broader Human Resources group to ensure that every employee experience at Hatch is exceptional. The Human Resources Shared Services team is a client-focused team that works in partnership with employees, managers, and other HR functions to provide strategic, simple, and efficient solutions that drive operational excellence and business results. The ideal candidate will have outstanding attention to detail, strong administrative skills, competent in data entry, MS Office including advanced Excel, familiarity using HR technology (SAP, SuccessFactors), with proven ability to handle confidential matters.
Recruitment and Onboarding:
When it comes to the recruitment and onboarding of new hires, responsibilities include:
- Supporting the administrative part of the new hire process (i.e., creation of employee in HR System).
- Assisting where necessary during the pre-boarding and onboarding of employees, i.e. staying in touch with them, answering their questions, sending them relevant material, and so on.
- Administer new employee on-boarding, including organizing and performing new hire orientation, creating new employee files, ensuring all necessary paperwork is properly filled out and submitted to appropriate persons and updating records of new staff.
A relatively big chunk of the HR coordinator's work consists of performing administrative tasks. These include, but are not limited to:
- General administration and coordination.
- Provide personnel policy and procedure guidance to employees and management.
- Assist with payroll administration/processing.
- Maintain and update both hard and digital copies of employee' records.
- Answer all internal and external HR-related inquiries or requests.
- Execute and manage transactions in HRIS, including increases, bonuses, leaves, absence administration, terminations etc.
Reporting and Recommending:
An important part of the HR Coordinator's job consists of trying to improve existing processes. In order to do so, the HR Coordinator needs to develop a deep understanding of the data through a lot of data analysis and reporting. Tasks that go with this part of the job include:
- Conduct audits of HR data and perform corrective actions.
- Generate reports on general HR activity.
- Recommend possible actions to improve existing processes.
While Hatch has a Benefits team, the HR Coordinator also has some benefits-related duties. These include:
- Be the first point of contact for employees with benefits-related questions and problems, escalate to Benefits Advisor as necessary.
- Administer various employee benefits programs, such as group insurance, long-term disability, pensions, etc.
- Support any other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Essential Qualifications and Skills:
Education and Experience:
- Post-Secondary Education, preferably in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or in another related field.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of related HR experience required.
Interpersonal and communication skills:
- Positive-minded person that has a great attitude towards the job responsibilities
- Communicates clearly, both in writing and verbally, in order to create a clear and communicative environment with employees, members of the HR management team, and during group presentations and meetings.
- Displays strong customer service skills and be a demonstrated team player.
- Establishes and maintains supportive working relationships.
- Being able to deal with a diverse group of people in potentially adversarial situations using a calm, tactful, discreet, and effective approach.
- French language skills as asset.
Organizational and time management skills:
- Prioritizes and plans work activities in order to manage time efficiently while managing a high volume of work.
- Multitasking; being able to work with a sense of urgency in a dynamic, very fast-paced environment.
Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills:
- Effectively analyzes data, drawing logical conclusions and providing reasonable recommendations.
- Identifies issues and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Be able to exercise mature judgment.
Strong attention to detail:
- Accurately and thoroughly monitors work for quality.
- Ensure standard specifications are met, including high-level proofreading.
- Enter and review data efficiently and accurately.
- Stay focused during highly repetitive tasks.
Computer and administrative skills:
- Demonstrates intermediate to advanced computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, advanced Excel skills an asset.
- Experience in creating organizational charts, reports, and other documents.
Ability to be flexible and confident, as well as being able to work independently.
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.