Maple View Lodge
Invites applications for the position of:
Permanent Part Time
Salary: $29.34 to 34.93 per hour
Location: Maple View Lodge, Athens, Ontario
Reporting directly to the Administrator and secondarily to the Director of Care, the Administrative Assistant will provide financial, administrative and resident services for Maple View Lodge as well as secretarial support to the Administrator and other managers as needed.
- 2 year Community College Diploma in office administration with a focus in executive support, medical secretarial or a related field.
- Three years of administrative experience; preferably in a Long Term Care setting including resident billing, occupancy reporting and staff scheduling.
- This position must maintain a high level of respect for confidentiality for both the organization as a whole, residents and staff
- Ability to manage associated workload, undertake multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Sound knowledge of office procedures to carry out a full range of duties.
- Excellent project/time management, organizational, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Effective personable communication with colleagues, co-workers, outside agencies and organizations, residents and their families and the public during associated duties in a professional and proficient manner.
- Ability to set priorities, manage and adapt effectively to an ever changing and complex workload.
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient. Ability to work independently (with minimal supervision) and within a team delivered organizational model.
- Advanced computer software knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office and highly developed keyboarding and typing skills.
- Familiarity and proficiency in the full range of office equipment.
- Capable of maintaining an active and complex filing system.
- Providing professional and efficient administrative support services to management as needed.
- Knowledge of and ability to access legislation to perform daily duties within specified guidelines.
- Collecting and organizing data systematically according to MOHLTC and the United Counties of Leeds & Grenville guidelines ensuring data is processed and forwarded within prescribed time frames.
- Processing Accounts Payable invoices according to the policies and procedures and forward to Corporate Finance for processing.
- Ordering and maintaining medical supplies under the direction of management.
- Processing resident billing as per the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (MOHLTC) guidelines.
- Processing applications to the MOHLTC for room rate reductions.
- Providing financial information and guidance to residents and their families as required.
- Establishing and monitoring resident trust accounts.
- Providing semi-annual reports of the trust account balance to residents and/or the Power of Attorney for Finances.
- Providing an annual statement of resident trust accounts and accommodation fees.
- Managing and maintaining accurate recorders for the office petty cash account.
- Preparing, distributing and processing time and attendance using the Time Manager System.
- Coordinating orientation documentation and assist in recruitment process by completing proper forms to be submitted to Employee Services Department.
- Maintaining an excellent knowledge of office procedures to carry out a full range of administrative support duties including preparation, recording and distribution of agendas, minutes and information packages for various Maple View Lodge Committee meetings.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of staff scheduling and call-in procedures in accordance with facility and organizational policies and collective agreements
17. Providing administrative support to other Departments within Maple View Lodge as required and/or requested.
- Handling details and correspondence of a highly confidential nature, as well as establishing and maintaining various confidential files and records.
- Maintaining an updated calendar of events and meetings, etc., pertaining to the office of the Administrator.
- Undertaking special assignments/projects and coordinating events for the Administrator as requested and as required.
- Composing and answering correspondence on behalf of the Administrator, as well as preparing various business correspondences from written notes, dictation, verbal direction, and/or from knowledge of departmental policy and procedures.
- Responsible for formatting, preparation, updating and maintenance of various office policies, procedures, reports, memos, letters, etc. utilizing charts, and graphs.
- Receiving and screening telephone calls and visitors/clients. Resolving conflict situations and providing assistance to the public in a tactful and composed manner.
- Providing tours of the facility to residents, families and the public as required.
- Ordering and maintaining office equipment and supplies, as required.
- Other related duties, as requested and required.
The foregoing Job Description reflects the general duties necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed to be all of the work requirements that may be inherent in this classification
Applications should be marked ?Competition # MVL-22-094 (Administrative Assistant, PPT) and submitted online by 4:00 p.m. on/before June 9, 2022 to: https://careers.leedsgrenville.com/job/search/
The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville is committed to providing a recruitment and selection process that is both inclusive and free from barriers. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request, and will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Applicants are required, in advance, to make any accommodation request known to Human Resources by contacting the department at 1-800-770-2170 extension 2308 or the Bell Relay Service. Human Resources will strive to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodation for all applicants, during the recruitment and selection process, which will ensure the process is conducted in a fair and equitable manner.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicant information is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, will only be used for this purpose and will be retained for a maximum twelve month period.
Education College Diploma Experience 3 years