We're the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward - and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We're supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We've been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we're just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7.5 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
ABOUT THE GROWTH MARKETING TEAM
We're a team of digital marketers that create engaging campaigns across channels and we work closely with cross-functional partners (Brand, Product, Engineering, and Data Science) to drive growth on both sides of Thumbtack's marketplace. We are nimble, and innovative and our team's mission is to help customers solve their home care needs by discovering and using Thumbtack's platform.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will lead our marketing operations team and build on the foundations in place. You will set the team up for success by delivering the right infrastructure and technology to scale, driving automation and customer personalization. You will own and maintain business prioritization and road mapping of all marketing-related technical work. You will be the primary point of contact between marketing and the Marketing Tech cross-functional group (Engineering, Analytics, and Data Science).
- Evolve our marketing operations team to better support our growth and vision of delivering a more personalized, relevant, and consistent multi-channel experience
- Develop strategic roadmap, partnering with cross-functional teams and TPM, to improve processes, ensure data integrity, and build scalable marketing technologies that drive campaign automation and customer personalization
- Understand growth marketing team's needs and represent requirements and priorities throughout planning processes
- Manage operations to deliver on customer engagement programs (email, SMS, in-app messaging, direct mail, etc.) and paid marketing programs
- Evaluate vendors and manage relationships for tools and services
- Lead, coach, and develop high-performing team that is engaged and motivated to achieve Thumbtack's mission
- Establish best practices and operating standards for the team
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Well versed in Marketing channels (email, SMS, app, paid, etc.) and processes and how to enable them through technology
- Experience working with MarTech (e.g. ESP, CDP, CMS, Google AdWords, Facebook, etc.)
- Proven record of building scalable processes and multichannel solutions, with a bias for action
- Demonstrated experience using data to inform decision making & strategy planning
- Outstanding communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills; able to work through others to achieve results
- 4+ years of people management experience, excellent leadership skills with the confidence to lead, manage and engage team members (both direct and indirect reports)
- Experience in a high growth tech company and/or two-sided marketplace app/company
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity combined with big-picture thinking
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
MORE ABOUT US
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes - confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it's like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Currently, Thumbtackers can live anywhere in Ontario or British Columbia, Canada or the Philippines or in any of the following US states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MA, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, Washington DC. Our long term vision is to hire across all of the United States and Canada, but this expansion will take a few years.