Date Posted: 05/25/2022
Req ID: 23199
Faculty/Division: Vice-Provost, Students
Department: Strategic Enrolment Management
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
The Office of the Vice-Provost, Strategic Enrolment Management (VPSEM) champions a student-centric approach to enrolment activities, engaging divisional leaders and implementing transformations that support institutional and divisional goals.
Strategic Enrolment Management (SEM) guides University processes to identify and attract students in alignment with our strategic priorities: excellence; accessibility; and a caring inclusive community. SEM processes ensure that students have the tools and supports they need to complete their studies and touches all aspects of the student lifecycle, from recruitment through graduation.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Digital & Strategic Communications in the Office of the University Registrar, the Web and Digital Communications Coordinator is responsible for implementing the web and digital communications strategies for students at the University of Toronto.
The Web & Digital Communications Coordinator will use their creativity to develop and maintain websites and digital content that is student focused. They will seek opportunities and make recommendations to enhance the student experience. They will use their strong background in Google Analytics to review and monitor websites. They will assist with surveys and reports. As well as conceptualize and produce digital assets with the objective to create meaningful and engaging digital experiences.
Your responsibilities will include:
Building, testing and maintaining websites
- Writing and editing digital communications
- Ensuring all digital assets meets brand and accessibility standards
- Tracking, monitoring, and reporting on digital communications activities
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical issues
- Act as a resource for other staff in the division for digital communications
- Researching, analyzing, and recommending new digital strategies to enhance the student experience
Bachelor's Degree in website design, marketing/communications or related field; or acceptable combination of equivalent education and experience
- Minimum of four (4) years' experience in website development, UX design, and/or digital communications
- Experience developing and maintaining responsive and accessible websites
- Experience fostering and sustaining relationships with internal and external contacts
- Excellent writing, proof-reading and copyediting skills
- High level of proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), CMS (Wordpress), Adobe Creative suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere Pro, After Effect), Mailchimp, web analytics (Google Analytics)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to manage projects, demonstrating initiative and a willingness to learn new technologies and stay informed on best practices
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills with the ability to work effectively under pressure, independently and as part of a team
Experience in a post-secondary institution
- Photography and/or videography skills
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Goal oriented
- Problem solver
Closing Date: 06/24/2022, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget - Term
Schedule: Full-Time This is a one (1) year term position.
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 11 - $66,989 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $85,666. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Communication/Media/Public Relations
Recruiter: Blythe Campbell