Field Marketing Representative (Oakley)
Date: May 23, 2022
Brand: Luxottica Wholesale North America
Location: Calgary, AB, CA, T1Y 5T4
Requisition ID: 666021
Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 9,100 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, and Target Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
Luxottica's Wholesale teams deliver the highest quality frames, best-in-class expertise and a deep understanding of products and markets to support our customers and fuel their businesses all over North America.
The Field Marketing Rep is the ?front line? of marketing Oakley in their territory. This position serves the National Account and L&R Wholesale business by identifying opportunities for immersive sales training and brand experiences for Oakley's retail partners. This role also supports the initiatives of US Marketing and the US Events Manager with respect to regional and National events.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work consistently with Regional Field Marketing Rep Manager and National Key Account Managers to grow the US National Account retail business through focused marketing activations
- Provide support to the network of National Accounts and L&R Wholesale accounts within their territory
- Help create engaging and unique brand experiences through self-generated National Account, consumer facing, and Oakley National events
- Educate and train National and L&R sales associates on Oakley products, technology, and brand through contact during store visits; maintain a highly visible presence in National Account stores throughout territory via account visits
- Plan and execute at-store and out-of-store training events for National Accounts and L&R Accounts, consistent with US Marketing strategy
- Find opportunities for and execute vendor marketing days at National and L&R Accounts
- Provide insightful feedback from account visits to Key Account Managers and L&R Reps about store needs (low stock, size runs, floor changes, damaged displays, competitor information, etc)
- Work with Regional FMR Manager to plan training sessions for new Oakley accounts
- Assist US Marketing Team (US Events, PR, Trade Marketing, Sports Marketing, Go-to-Market) with the execution of branded events that are going to occur in the FMRs territory
- Collaborate with Regional FMR Manager and other US Marketing Team members on idea creation and execution of a local market event strategy
- Deliver technical presentations about Oakley products and technology to consumers while at field events
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of all demonstration equipment while at events -
- Report all event needs to the US Event Manager and Regional FMR Manager, including but not limited to; faulty equipment, visual merchandising, test products, entertainment needs, and display needs
- Provide trade show support as requested by Regional FMR Manager or US FMR Manager
- Maintain a detailed event calendar and schedule appropriate visits to National Accounts during non-event times
- 4 year degree or equivalent related work experience
- 2 years of marketing experience
- Responsible for a company-owned marketing vehicle including but not limited to; maintenance and day to day appearance
- Willing and able to drive a non-CDL, branded marketing truck as primary vehicle
- Monitor expenses and practice stewardship of the budget for travel, entertainment, and recurring expenses (such as storage)
- Travel 100% of the time (75% within immediate market and 25% travel to surrounding market)
- Confident public speaker; strong presentation skills
- Competent using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint; WordPress is a plus
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Job Segment: Field Marketing, Event Marketing, Sports Marketing, Merchandising, Marketing, Retail