Canada Summer Jobs contract, Hybrid, Toronto, ON
We invite you to work with a dynamic team and help change the lives of individuals who are blind or partially sighted. The Administrative Assistant, Prospect Research will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Prospect Research team.
Your impact at CNIB
- Identify new major gift prospects by utilizing Salesforce or Raiser's Edge and external databases and the internet.
- Research major gift donors and prospects by utilizing external databases and the internet.
- Run reports in Raiser's Edge or Salesforce to support prospect research functions.
- Clean-up and linking of major gift donor/prospect records in Salesforce or Raiser's Edge.
- Additional duties and/or projects to support prospect research and CNIB's major giving program.
Who you are
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in an organized manner.
- Creative, flexible, self-starter who works well in a team setting.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates mature and sensitive nature when dealing with people who are blind or partially sighted.
- Positive attitude focused on total organizational success and commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to provide solutions to routine questions using creative and timely problem-solving skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Maintains a positive attitude focused on total organizational success.
- Takes initiative to keep abreast of various policies and procedures, trends, legislation, etc. as they relate to the position.
We want to hear from you if you:
- are between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment.
- are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of employment.
- have a Valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and are legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
- Currently enrolled in, or has completed, post-secondary education.
- proficient in Microsoft Office applications and databases.
- experience using and maintaining databases is an asset.
- personal or professional experience relating to blindness and sight loss is considered an asset.
- personal or professional experience working with assistive technology and/or accessible environments is considered an asset.
CNIB is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive culture and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, including but not limited to the Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) community, persons with disabilities, people who are blind or partially sighted, and those who identify as women, gender diverse, and/or 2SLGBTQ+. We strongly encourage applications from applicants with sight loss. Direct lived experience would be a definite asset. If at any stage you require accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to support your accessibility needs. We're excited to review your application!
Please note: while we invite applications from all interested and qualified applicants, we are unable to follow-up with every applicant. Closing date: May 29, 2022.