Closing Date: May 31, 2022
Reporting to the Lead, Campus Talent Acquisition, the Advisor is responsible for working with our Campus Talent Acquisition, Talent Acquisition, Recruiting, and Human Resources teams as well as our large pool of co-op students to support attraction, recruitment, and retention initiatives.
To be successful in this role we are looking for someone with outstanding problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills, who is comfortable with public speaking. Someone who is organized, has exceptional attention to detail, and can plan and deliver successful events. The ideal candidate can work independently, as well as collaborate with a team, and is able to prioritize competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
You will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic, enthusiastic, and collaborative team of professionals dedicated to attracting and retaining talent for our various operations
Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Manage and/or support innovative campus attraction programs both virtually and on-campus
- Assist with our nationwide Campus Recruitment Program, both virtually and on-campus at post-secondary institutions across Canada (travel may be required).
- Support Teck's student-employee engagement and retention strategy involving leading events/activities and leading student-focused programs.
- Build relationships and communicate effectively with external organizations and internal business partners
- Participate in/lead a diverse number of projects that aim to strengthen Teck's talent attraction, recruitment, and retention strategies
- Actively contribute ideas and input to ensure that Teck's campus programs are innovative, impactful, and relevant
- Track progress and report on results
Degree in Human Resources, Business, or other related field
- Minimum of five years demonstrated ability in campus acquisition or recruitment role
- Proficient in Microsoft 365
- Interest in digital marketing, search engine optimization, and applying data analytics to digital marketing campaigns
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
Teck is consistently recognized as a top employer for our commitment to a healthy and positive work environment. Our team is focused on fostering a workplace where everyone is included, valued and equipped for the future. In 2021, Teck was proud to be selected as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for four years in a row, and also named as one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People. In 2020, Teck was named to Forbes World's Best Employers List and in 2021, we were recognized in Forbes Canada's Best Employers 2021 List.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.