We are currently seeking a Graphic Designer who can be nice, will seek inspiration from our roots, can commit to achieving results the right way and loves to think big to join us on our journey.
The Graphic Designer is a member of our Design team. They will be responsible for compiling research and trend analysis, creating graphics, and reviewing the production of his/her designs to ensure the quality and integrity of the brand is maintained.
- Please note that this is a 1 Year Contract role* The Graphic Designer for Roots will be responsible for the following:
- Design, illustrate, size, colour and explain execution/technique for all graphics.
- Maintain all graphic files in an organized manner.
- Review all samples and make any necessary artwork adjustments.
- Present graphics at Product Reviews to Senior management.
- Research market trends for graphics and colour and communicate ideas to the Designer.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with Designers, Buyers, Makers and Technician to ensure proper execution and consistency Top candidates for the Graphic Designer role will have the following:
- A minimum of 6-8 years related experience (Apparel industry background preferred with a focus on Women's and Kids).
- Strong illustration and pattern skills (hand drawn, or hand drawn looking styles).
- Extensive knowledge of the clothing embellishment process.
- Ability to listen, understand and effectively communicate the vision of the product line.
- Self-confidence in their own work and resilient to the constructive criticism.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop). Founded in 1973, Roots Canada is a publicly held Canadian lifestyle brand that sells apparel, leather bags, small leather goods, footwear and active athletic wear with over 100 retail stores in North America and Asia.