At Harvest, we elevate tech innovation across the Canadian Prairies. We're a team of world-class venture builders, operators, and investors who have started companies from a napkin, grown to millions of users, raised capital, and successfully scaled companies towards exit.
Harvest Builders is looking for a Social Media & Brand Specialist to join our team in Calgary, AB. As the Social Media & Brand Specialist, you will actively oversee and develop the social media and brand strategy for Harvest and its portfolio companies in alignment with broader marketing strategies.
This opportunity is made for someone who is inspired by building a brand and social media strategy from the ground up. You love the intricacies of developing engaging digital content strategies and seeing these strategies through to fruition. Your conceptual ideas are creative and you have a passion for helping brands evolve as they transform industry norms.What you'll be doing::
- From ideation to execution you'll create social media and brand strategies supported by best practices for broader social media sharing and engagement
- Support with the development of brand strategies and execution of wider brand messaging across varying digital channels.
- Create and manage the monthly content and social media calendars, and publishing schedules for Harvest internally and for each external venture we work with, ensuring every piece of content meets the highest level of quality
- Research, develop and manage the execution of all social media strategies, content and community management - including wider marketing campaigns and content calendars
- Recognize ongoing communication engagement opportunities and manage the social media accounts for Harvest and its portfolio companies.
- Advise and support on broader multi-channel editorial content and communications best practices for boosting organic social reach and cross channel content engagement
- Build strong relationships throughout the company to help unify our own content marketing and fully understand the marketing goals, needs, and objectives of our external ventures
- Remain up to date on content marketing and creative trends and constantly look to innovate within the industry Who we're looking for::
- 3+ years crafting and executing on social media strategies, campaigns and content calendars and also, managing multiple social media accounts as part of wider marketing initiatives
- Deep understanding of the mechanics of producing engaging social media content; you know how to make a social posts 'pop' with the metrics to prove it.
- A strong brand background, you have a proven ability to tell a story and craft compelling narratives, and create enticing social media campaigns, not just one-off pieces
- Experience working across several different audiences and industries, in both B2B and B2C
- Can move easily between departments/teams to get the fodder needed in order to produce and proliferate must-read content
- Experience in a fast-paced environment where competing priorities, uncertain outcomes and iteration is the norm
- Ability to create, grounded in keyword research and best practices for search engine optimization, as well as for social sharing and engagement would be an advantage