1. Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Dealing with current business retailers and food services including but not limited to- Costco, Walmart, Loblaws, Sobeys, Sysco, GFS, US Foods, etc.
- Dealing with trade spending management including but not limited to trade promotions, accrual management, trade deals, listing fees, pricing strategy, budgeting and pricing.
- Work closely with the Sales team on projects.
- Attend trade shows and build business via networking
- Building strong relationships with cross-functional stakeholders, including merchandising, supply chain and peer groups.
- Building new business with distributors and retailers
- Lead the e-comm initiative and drive both B2B and B2C engagement initiatives, including Amazon, Instacart, etc.
- Analyze category pricing, promotion, and competition utilizing internal and external data sources to report on performance
- Implement plans for innovative line extensions and new products
- Execute multiple category marketing plans throughout the year. Integrate activities of key departments, monitor timelines and effectiveness of tactical plans. Recommend corrective action as needed
- Develop & execute (via Sales Team) pricing, promotion, merchandising, and shelving program recommendations to support category and meet business objectives
- Optimize profit margins for assigned product lines and contribute to corporate gross margin gains
- Lead and develop annual brand growth strategy and business projections
1. Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or business administration
- 5+ years of sales experience within a corporate setting and/or food industry.
- Relevant experience in dealing with big banner stores
- Experience and understanding of processes of each retailer
- Experience working with broker network
- Experience working with amazon sales
- Understanding GSI, 1 world sync
- Familiar with planogram dates
- Knowledge of East Indian food products is an asset
- Ability to communicate in Hindi and Punjabi is an asset.