LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 63701
Why you should join us:
Are you a proactive self-starter with the skills and marketing experience to provide strategic advice and counsel as a member of Suncor's Brand Marketing and Communications Services team? Reporting to the Director, Brand Marketing & Communication Services, you will play a meaningful role in developing and implementing fully integrated brand marketing and sponsorship programs.
You will use your expertise to:
- Support the stand up of new creative platforms and brand campaigns, enhancing the Suncor brand's visibility in key operating areas and jurisdictions
- Provide strategic counsel and hands on marketing support for new brands or emerging lines of business
- Work with agency partners to develop advertising content that supports ongoing content amplification and brand campaigns
- Work with the team to manage and activate both key Calgary sponsorships (e.g. Calgary Pride) and business-focused sponsorships (e.g. professional conferences)
- Manage the intake, assessment, activation and measurement processes for the sponsorship portfolio
- Lead the execution of large company events, including the AGM, Suncor Excellence Awards and Calgary-based employee celebrations
- Support brand storytelling content development for suncor.com
We'd like to review your application if you have...
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- 10 years of experience in a marketing and/or communications position
- A University degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Business
- Experience developing and executing marketing strategies for B2B or B2C
- Experience working with agency partners, sponsorship properties and internal teams to develop and execute fully integrated activation and marketing programs in support of sponsorships
- Events management experience from setting the vision all the way through to logistics and managing small details
- A proactive personality, are co-creative with strong consultation, negotiation, relationship building, conflict management and problem solving skills. Propensity to roll up sleeves when needed and pitch in, regardless of how small or administrative the task
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong project management skills with experience in managing multiple, complex projects simultaneously, developing metrics and delivering measurable results
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity Preference for:
- Experience in the oil and gas industry
- Experience working in a large and complex organization
- Know-how in managing and supporting integrated advertising campaigns, including digital marketing
- Professional association member and / or professional accreditation
Where you'll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 - 6th Ave S.W.
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday and rotational on-call accountabilities. Additionally after hours and weekend support will be required for events and sponsorship activations
- We require qualified and safety-focused employees for business-critical roles that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations. We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation
- Suncor encourages everyone to do their part and support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we're responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
We are Canada's leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else - if it isn't safe, we don't do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our purpose and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Visit our Report on Sustainability to see our progress on a number of environmental, social and economic topics and what we're doing to position our company for the future
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we're doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don't delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals