Requisition ID: 304421
Position Number: 20040877
Posting End Date: November 30, 2021
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: Shared Health Corporate Office
Department / Unit: SH Performance & Business Planning
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Union: SH Exempt
Anticipated Start Date: 01/04/2022
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary commensurate with education and qualifications
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Lead and oversee the facilitation, coordination and development of performance improvement initiatives for the service delivery organization (SDO) to improve health outcomes and service delivery. Connect initiatives across the SDO as part of an ongoing performance improvement program, support prioritization and ensure alignment with Manitoba's Clinical Preventative Services Plan.
Build and manage a team with a culture of client service that provide and monitor business (financial and operating) performance, and provide business planning information. Performance and business planning services include reporting on key performance indicators, delivering strategic and operational plans, modelling, analyzing process and quality improvements, and providing overall business performance management advice and support. Mentor and coach staff to use timely, accurate clinical, operational and financial information, robust business cases, and data modelling to support aligning the activities of all operating units with the approved strategic objectives and operating plans across all service organizations.
Ensure provincial methodologies, analytical approaches and data repositories established by Provincial Information Management and Analytics (PIMA) are used to drive informed, evidence-based business performance decisions. Consult with and advise leaders through facilitation and analysis of internal and external data and key performance indicators to demonstrate economic sustainability, service effectiveness, quality and efficiency (e.g. client service access, service outcomes, stakeholder engagement, etc.)
Plan, implement and ensure ongoing maintenance, evaluation and assessment of business systems, data, and business performance to ensure effective solutions that sustainably serve business requirements. Work with Quality and Learning and PIMA to identify opportunities for continuously improved enterprise level data and reporting.
7 years of progressive mid-to-senior management experience leading business performance management and planning services functions measurement, reporting and performance management intervention advice in a large publicly funded enterprise, preferably in healthcare, includes:
- 5 years of experience leading strategic and operational planning processes in partnership with the board of directors and executive management
- 5 years of experience establishing and delivering a performance-based management reporting system
- 5 years of experience building and leading a high-performing and performance management advisory team
- A post-secondary degree with additional postgraduate education (certificate or higher) in a related discipline such as management, economics, public or business administration from an accredited educational institution
- A post-secondary degree in a health leadership and/or business related field, or other additional education in health leadership and planning are assets
- Lean Six Sigma certification is an asset
- Active member in good standing of an associated regulatory body as appropriate
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated comprehensive senior leadership capabilities. The provincial health system in Manitoba has adopted the LEADS in a Caring Environment framework
- Must be able to work safely in a typical computerized office environment with frequent meetings at multiple sites throughout the organization, and to lift and carry items of up to approximately 25 pounds
- Interruptions to respond to questions from executives and government representatives are common; incumbent can schedule dedicated and focused time for planning and concentration
- Must have a valid Manitoba driver's license and use of a personal motor vehicle for regular travel within the province
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Direct care workers are required to either be vaccinated for Covid-19 or to participate in on-going regular Covid-19 testing pursuant to Orders made under The Public Health Act C.C.S.M. c.P210. Successful applicants will be notified at the time of offer of the applicability of this requirement for this position.