MCI is a healthcare technology company focused on empowering patients and doctors with advanced technologies to increase access, improve quality, and reduce healthcare costs. As part of the healthcare community for over 30 years, MCI operates one of Canada's leading primary care networks with 25 clinics, serves nearly one million patients annually and had over 200,000 telehealth visits last year. MCI additionally offers an expanding suite of corporate health solutions that support a growing list of over 500 corporate customers. Led by a proven management team of doctors and experienced executives, MCI remains focused on executing a strategy centered around acquiring technology and health services that complement MCI's current roadmap. For more information, visit mcionehealth.com.
Don't miss this incredible opportunity; MCI Onehealth Technology is growing!
To support our growth, MCI Onehealth Technology has an exciting opportunity for a Communications Specialist.
The Communications Specialist is a skilled writer supporting the strategic internal and external communications initiatives, including physician and employee communications, media relations, investor relations and product/services marketing.
The Communications Specialist is a vital member of the Marketing and Communications team responsible for all digital and traditional communications channels. The Communications Specialist works with various internal and external stakeholders to execute precise, concise, and accurate strategic communications plans supporting MCI Onehealth Technologies' missions.
The Communications Specialist is a detail-oriented and creative storyteller with a passion for content strategy, collaborating with stakeholders, and managing projects from inception to completion.
By applying informative and memorable messaging across targeted channels, you will help raise stakeholder and staff awareness, engagement, and connection to the MCI brands.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications, your responsibilities will include:
- Support internal clients at MCI Onehealth and its operating brands
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders across all levels of the organization and with key external stakeholders to refine your communications
- Write and edit external and internal communications material, including but not limited to news releases, social media content, web and intranet copy, reports and publications, Q&A, scripts, presentations, advertising copy, marketing materials and speeches
- Advise, brief and coach spokespeople for media interviews and various speaking opportunities
- Exceptionally well organized to manage a multitude of competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Extremely inquisitive and comfortable working with ambiguity to find clarity
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to execute deliverables within stated timelines
- A proactive mindset to anticipate project challenges
- University degree or diploma in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Digital Marketing, Brand Strategy or related degree or a combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of experience in public relations/communications and related fields
- Clear, concise and well-organized writing
- Highly developed communications planning skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Demonstrated experience in the development of strategic communications plans that effectively engage a variety of audiences
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, a sense of humor, and a commitment to teamwork
- Ability to listen actively, attentively, and with understanding
- Strong organization and prioritization skills, along with solid attention to detail
- Design, photography, videography, website management skills
- Healthcare experience.
Please submit your cover letter and resume as one attachment and three examples of written work. Applications submitted without writing samples will not be review
MCI Onehealth Technologies is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free environment. Please advise via email if you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process.