Graham is a growing, dynamic and innovative construction solutions provider with history of success dating back to 1926. As an employee-owned company, you will be able to capitalize on our collective success by becoming an owner yourself. You will also be able to take advantage of professional development, learning and growth opportunities, while working on exciting, leading-edge projects.
We are seeking top tier talent to further strengthen our capabilities. We provide a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed, both personally and professionally. If you're eager to work on innovative projects, be part of a great team and become an employee-owner, Graham is the place for you.
As a member of our Infrastructure group, you will provide insight and innovative construction solutions to ensure the successful execution of various infrastructure projects, such as: roadways, highways and interchanges; bridges and overpasses; water and wastewater treatment facilities; transmission lines; general/public transportation including airports, seaports and light rail transit lines (LRTs); and conventional and alternative power generation like wind farms and district energy facilities. You will also further hone your skills operating under various delivery methods including Design-Build, P3 (Public-Private Partnership), Construction Management and IPD (Integrated Project Delivery).
As part of the Project Team, the Construction Communications Advisor provides broad public engagement, creative and administrative communications support for the RER Davenport Diamond Project. The Advisor will take on projects and assignments in multiple disciplines with a focus primarily on community and stakeholder engagement.
- Regular contact with Project Director, Construction Manager and Construction Communications Lead
- Regular contact with Construction Team including attending weekly construction meetings
- Regular Communications Working Group (CWG) Meetings and constant contact with the Metrolinx Communications Team
- Issue driven contact with Graham and Metrolinx Corporate Communications Leads
- Regular contact with various Stakeholders including municipal government, area businesses, residents and other stakeholders as required
- Regular communication with the general public, responding in a timely manner to a variety of enquiries on the project
- Schedule, plan and report on regular CWG meetings including minutes and action items.
- Manage the creation and administration of proactive communications regarding the ongoing RER construction project; including drafting and distributing construction and traffic notifications, website and social media update materials and public engagement materials such as presentations, flyers, display boards, signage, etc.
- Plan, coordinate, implement and report on public engagement events (up to 6) throughout the year.
- Provide support as required on media relations and crisis communications activities with Metrolinx and Construction Communications Lead.
- Coordinate or collaborate on photography requirements, including updates and logistics.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field.
- Minimum five years of experience in a public relations or stakeholder engagement role.
- Minimum three years of experience in a communications role.
- Preferably with experience in the construction industry.
- Must have strong technical writing skills, with the ability to understand your audience.
- Proficiency with MS Office; experience with Adobe Suite preferred.
- Understanding of geography, maps, highway systems, traffic management.
- Comfortable with public speaking at open houses or other events.
What we can offer you:
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- A grounded and family-oriented workplace in a progressive environment that is at the forefront of a fast-evolving business sector
- Commitment to the training and wealth of opportunities for career development across job categories, project types and locations around North America
Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Graham does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
Build your career.
Applications will only be accepted as online submissions through the Graham website.
Please, no unsolicited resumes or phone inquiries from agencies, thank you.
Graham Management Services LP
10840 27th Street SE
Calgary, AB T2Z 3R6