Requisition ID: 100535
Tangerine is Canada's leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It's important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
At Tangerine, our purpose is to deliver best in class banking solutions to Canadians. We take a hands-on approach to challenges and always seek out opportunities to improve. Building a career at Tangerine is more than just a job; we are committed to making a difference in the lives of Canadians.
Who said that you have to hide your personality to deliver business results? We certainly do not, and that is what has made Tangerine a success. Come be a part of our collaborative, energetic and passionate client-centric team and continue to drive Forward Banking solutions for all Canadians.
Our design team is growing and we're looking for an experienced Product Designer to join our collaborative team. You are passionate about product design and crafting user experiences. You have a proven track record of turning research driven insights into useful and beautifully designed client experiences.
As the Product Designer, you'll be part of the team responsible for supporting our mobile channel. You will influence our customer journeys and interactions, leveraging rigorous design research, visual design and usability principles as well as your intuitive design sense.
The Product Designer will report directly to the Director, Experience Design.
Is this role right for you?
- Leads the functional product visual and interaction designs for a set of customer journeys.
- Leads user research activities focused on usability, interaction, visual and information architecture.
- Articulates design decisions based on design principles, customer data and business needs.
- Meticulously consider user interactions and journeys and act as an advocate for the constant improvement of both.
- Collaborates with all levels and expertise of strategists, researchers and UX writers.
- Contributes to the evolution of the Tangerine Design system.
- You will advocate for accessible design principles and implementation.
- Contributes to shaping, influencing and nurturing our design culture and process.
- Works within tight timelines while maintaining creativity within design constraints.
Skills you need to succeed.
- years of experience designing responsive web and/or native mobile software applications
- Ability to communicate using rapid visual design techniques.
- Strong design portfolio that demonstrates vision, innovation and story-telling skills in wireframes, high fidelity mockups, and conceptual explorations.
- Financial Institution or related experience is a strong asset.
- Solid knowledge of user interface best practices for web and mobile.
- Experience in fast paced, agile environment.
- In-depth knowledge of industry design tools (Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma), wire-framing tools (Axure, Balsamiq, Invision) and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat).
- Ability to design a user experience from start to finish with consideration of the development process.bility to be pragmatic yet thoughtful. We're a nimble team of thinkers and makers.
- Ability to clearly communicate your designs with stakeholders at all levels.
- Comfortable working in a self-guided manner.
- Ability to communicate with developers is critical.
- Positive and resilient personality and can embrace feedback and have desire for continuous iteration and improvement.
- Strong collaborator; you welcome feedback and see team problem-solving as a natural part of the creative process.
- Positive and resilient; embracing input with a desire for continuous iteration and improvement.
What's in it for you.
- You'll be part of a diverse, collaborative, innovative, and high-performing team
- We offer a competitive rewards package
- Performance bonus, Share Ownership Program, and Pension Plan Matching
- Health Benefits from day one!
- Office perks: free healthy snacks (chocolate is healthy, right?) subsidized on-site cafeteria and parking
- You will enjoy work life balance, team events, and opportunities to volunteer in the community.
- Your career matters! You'll get access to various training resources to enhance your skills and knowledge.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.