Do you want to be part of our innovative and entrepreneurial team?
Mitacs is a not-for-profit organization that fosters growth and innovation in Canada by solving business challenges with research solutions from academic institutions. At Mitacs, we strive to develop the next generation of innovators with vital research and business skills. In partnership with domestic and international companies, governments, and academia, we support a new economy using Canada’s most valuable resource – its people.
Project Manager/Marketing Communications
Through unique research and training programs, Mitacs is developing the next generation of innovators with vital scientific and business skills. In partnership with companies, government and academia, Mitacs is supporting a new economy using Canada’s most valuable resource — its people. Mitacs prides itself on delivering quality, innovative programs to specific markets and encourages all staff to have a strategic approach to the projects they are working on. Mitacs fosters a culture where all employees are valued and respected.
Reporting to the Senior Agile Project Manager, this role is a fit for a passionate, collaborative, and highly-organized project manager to support Mitacs’s Marcom efforts. Your go-getter spirit will be crucial to your success as you work within a dynamic and growing Marketing Communications team and liaise with the IT, Business Development, Partnership and Programs departments to drive the completion of Marcom projects. The role is a permanent position based in Toronto or Montreal.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establish Marcom and digital project scope
- Ensure the development and the management of several projects simultaneously
- Align processes and solutions with the digital products roadmap and with Marcom operational plan and goals
- Delegate and schedule tasks across the Marcom team, taking direction from the Senior Project manager
- Anticipate roadblocks and negotiate clear and transparent project management practices that engage stakeholders to make decisions, and ensuring the team knows what to work on when
- Ability to establish strong working relationships and a collaborative approach to setting deadlines and keeping team on track
- Protect the team from external interruptions, separating legitimate emergencies and opportunities from unnecessary derailments
- Help ensure an ongoing commitment to the client and stakeholders-centric perspective within the team
- Research, plan, and direct projects utilizing established standard project management methodology to ensure scope, schedule, budget, and quality objectives are met
- Develop a stakeholder analysis and resource plan to identify and gain commitment for all internal and external resources required to achieve the project objectives
- Monitor project progress, tracking action items, conducting implementation reviews, resolving issues, escalating issues to appropriate authority, and creating project documentation, including but not limited to: project charter, project plan, scope document, etc.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on proposed business solutions based on user needs, product research and business financial analyses (cost/benefit analysis, return on investment analysis, etc.)
- 3+ years’ proven working experience as PM in marketing communications, sales, channel, or digital (not strictly IT development)
- Experience in Agile project management is an asset
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions
- Ability to strategically prioritize tasks and delegate to the correct resources for successful completion
- Ability to translate high-level Marcom ideas into defined, detailed, executable tasks, with a clear description of what the end results should be
- Ability to communicate ideas and concepts to internal stakeholders
- Experience with creating and adapting processes to ensure an efficient workflow within Marcom and other key departments
- High level of proficiency and technical expertise with project management software (MS Teams, Planner, Project; Asana; or other equivalent PM software and technologies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Great interest for learning and digital marketing software (CRM, CMS, automation systems, Dashboard, etc.)
- Perfect writing skills in English are required. Bilingualism in English and French is an asset, but not required
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional time management and organization skills
- A desire to collaborate with and motivate others to produce high-quality products, user experiences, and results
Mitacs has a COVID-19 policy in place that requires all employees to be fully vaccinated to protect our team and our stakeholders, subject to any accommodations required under applicable human rights legislation. More information about getting vaccinated can be found here.
At Mitacs, we believe a diverse workforce comprised of individuals with different ideas, strengths, interests, and backgrounds is crucial to our success. We encourage candidates to connect with us and share ways how we may accommodate their needs during the recruitment process.