Requisition ID: 111132
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the Global Portfolio Advisory Group / Scotia Wealth Management in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives.
Leads a team responsible for the communication initiatives for the suite of fee-based investment products offered by ScotiaMcLeod and Private Investment Counsel. The incumbent will lead strategic and tactical insights and messaging around Scotia Wealth Management's investment offering for wealth advisors, relationship managers and their clients. Will create, develop and manage the end-to-end implementation of communication strategies, investment insights, campaigns, product information and programs to promote the Scotia Wealth Management investment offering. Also be responsible for the delivery of communication material, monitoring metrics and owning the annual communication plan and budget. To increase the overall efficiency and effectiveness of our resources and programs, the incumbent will also contribute to the development of departmental processes and leverage these processes to best meet the needs of advisors and their clients.
Manages advisor queries on an ongoing basis, while ensuring that timely and relevant communications are delivered from the Investment Solutions team. Must be able to independently manage workflow between compliance and legal teams, requests from the wealth advisory teams and maintain working relationship with in-house and third party investment managers to ensure quality and consistency of investment messaging. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Responsible for providing timely investment advice, direction and value-added ideas to Scotia Wealth Management investment advisors with a focus on equity and/or fixed income asset classes and will assist with asset allocation and portfolio strategy decisions in relation to these products.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Develop and implement communication initiatives, in partnership with key stakeholders, to advance the positioning of investment products and services. Leverage communication and product marketing within 1832 Asset Management L.P., Global Portfolio Advisory Services , third-party investment managers, Northern Trust Global Advisors and Scotia Asset Management to deepen client communications and delivery.
- Ensure timely delivery of marketing materials that provide qualitative and quantitative insights on portfolios, investment strategies and the markets. Identify alternative delivery methods to maximize access and readership. Participate in product launches and lead communication, product positioning and promotional aspects.
- Creating, writing, planning, development and implementation of strategic communication material, collateral, campaigns, programs & associated activities to position investment products and to support the overall growth of the advisory businesses. This includes, but is not limited to, newsletters, profile sheets, sales tools, investment insights, market insights.
- Provide business development and support, participate in strategic planning process and remain current on competitive and emerging trends in the wealth management industry to apply knowledge to new initiatives.
- Adhere to or implement measurement and control processes: to manage business risk and to ensure the most efficient and effective use of resources (time/people/money) to support the business. Manage annual communication plan and budget against agreed upon objectives. Identify and develop strategic sales support tools, ideas or campaigns to add value to the sales and service process, as required.
- Develop detailed briefs and project plans for all marketing programs to gain consensus on objectives and key messages and ensure all stakeholders have a solid understanding of business rationale, communication plans, budget, and other relevant details. Identify and implement cost-savings measures, where applicable.
- Manage internal and external relationships to align communication plans with enterprise goals and objectives. Manage day to day relationship with vendors/agencies and set standards with established suppliers for maximum marketing efficiency and effectiveness. Manage and influence the expectations of internal stakeholders to balance priorities and client needs with departmental and organizational resources (people/time/money).
- Communicate emerging issues or problems to applicable stakeholders and identify and lead timely solutions, where applicable. Actively solicit input from colleagues and other internal groups to develop and implement or improve communication programs and sales tools. Ensure adherence to brand standards (visuals, layout, logo and colour standards, messaging, product naming conventions, etc.)
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of capital markets, portfolio management and portfolio construction
- Sound knowledge of investment disciplines and processes within the financial industry
- 7+ years relevant experience in the investment management industry preferred
- Experience in communications is preferred, with thorough understanding of communications and marketing
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills, with the ability to manage through influence, stakeholders from a diverse range of perspectives
- Exceptional aptitude for assessing creative and visual concepts and for reviewing and editing promotional copywriting and corporate messaging with a high attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to drive timely solutions in a change-management environment
- Adept multi-tasker with solid project management skills
- Ability to integrate and translate strategic and tactical thinking into deliverables
- Innovative problem solver
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage internal and external relationships and negotiate with vendors
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- experience working with Wealth Advisors considered an asset
- Proficient in PC and Mac with advanced knowledge of Bloomberg, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suite
- Graphic Design experience is an asset
- Exceptional written and presentation skills
- Understanding of industry compliance regulations considered an asset
- Professional integrity
- Bilingual (French/English) would be an asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.