Listening to Albertans. Going deeper to understand who they are and where they're going. Translating the complex world of banking and investing into brilliantly simple solutions. Through all this, we believe we can create happiness. This is the ATB way.
Job Number: REQ2579
Location: Calgary/Edmonton (post-Covid, attendance in-office will be required on a hybrid/regular arrangement)
Apply by: September 30, 2021
# Positions available: 1 full-time, temporary (14 month contract)
Leader: Director of Internal Communications
Under the direction of the Internal Communications Director, the Senior Communications Manager is an experienced communications professional who is accountable for the management of projects/work, not people. They are responsible for the development and implementation of effective internal communications strategies that align with ATB's journey to 2030 and our business goals. And they play a significant role in driving communications value by demonstrating our ability to:
- connect the dots between people, priorities, and projects
- inform strategy, and the targeted flow of information
- inspire ATB team members by enriching our culture
The senior communications manager develops and leads the implementation of strategic communications plans to deliver two-way and multi-platform communications programs to a range of audiences. They also work as a key member within the internal communications team, sharing knowledge and expertise with the team.
Specific accountabilities include:
Strategic communications planning
- Develop and implement best-in-class communications strategies that boost team member performance, enable leader effectiveness and enrich an irresistible culture.
- Collect, analyze and interpret qualitative and quantitative data and information to develop thorough understanding of stakeholder motivations and preferences and opinions.
- Use in-depth knowledge of key audience values to achieve communication goals beyond mere understanding or agreement, such as engagement and active support.
- Establish and track metrics that help correlate internal communications programs to employee productivity and organization performance.
- Design, develop and measure outcome-based communications objectives.
- Influence business strategies to ensure alignment and impact of the strategic communications plan to focus on outcome-based communications.
Build collaborative partnerships
- Effectively build relationships within the organization to help achieve business outcomes.
- Provide communications counsel to business partners and leaders that enables them to lead dialogue with their respective stakeholders and teams.
- Demonstrate expertise in dealing with business partners at a strategic level, coaching and counselling them, and influencing thinking in strategic communications.
- Develop and nurture strong, collaborative relationships that deepen your roles as a trusted strategic partner
Boost team member performance
- Develop strategies and implement tools that make it easy for team members to access information and grow their understanding of strategy.
- Improve team member access to information and support creating a culture of consumption and active learning by reducing extraneous information and connecting team members to materials required to do their job.
- Effectively select the most beneficial channel mix depending on audience and desired outcomes.
Enable leader effectiveness
- Provide communications expertise and counsel to project leadership teams to ensure the communication approach best positions us to deliver on.
- Provide user friendly communications materials for leaders to contextualize and communicate major initiatives with their teams.
Enrich an irresistible culture
- Create culture and brand advocates by inspiring advocacy and action through strategic communication planning, campaigns and messaging.
- Align team member behaviour with values by creating compelling narratives that ensure a clear understanding and desire to live our values.
- Inspire through purpose by consistently positioning our purpose to ?make it possible? as the core and heart of ATB.
- Create a deeper emotional team member connection to ATB by illustrating our commitment to the greater good.
- Show how we are putting our clients at the centre of everything we do.
Advance the role of communications
- Ensure internal communications' consistency and effectiveness by following and helping with the creation and enhancement of communication processes and guidelines.
- Share best practices and key learnings with the communications team in regular team meetings and through team mentorship. Support the team in seeking out innovative trends to adopt within communications solutions.
- ?Roll up your sleeves? to do what it takes to meet deadlines and deliver effective results.
- Continually strive to learn and hone your skills with passion for collaborating to ?up the game' in corporate communications at ATB and beyond.
- 7+ years of progressive internal communications experience, including within the financial services sector
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, business or a related field, or a specialized diploma in communications combined with extensive experience
- An understanding of change management and employee communications theory and best practices
- An ability to establish and convey a vivid and compelling vision
- Proven track record at delivering results / Results-focused approach and strong work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- able to build strong relationships with and be seen as a trusted strategic partner
- Exceptional time management and an ability to successfully balance competing priorities
- Professional association membership and/or accreditation in the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) or the Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS)
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
Online applications are preferred. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.
Purpose. Growth. Advancement. Fun. Rewards... learn about our perks and benefits.
A little about ATB:
We are Alberta's largest, home grown financial institution and for the last 80+ years, we've transformed people's understanding of what banking can-and should-make possible. Today, 5,500+ ATB team members embrace a growth mindset in order to help bring ATB's story to life, delivering happiness to our customers and team members alike. It's why we're also a highly sought after, award-winning employer. The best part is, we're just getting started. Join us, and create happiness.
To learn more about atb, visit atb.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Find out more about what to expect when applying.
Stay in touch!
ATB is happy to know you're interested in a career with us! Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram to get the inside scoop on what our team is up to.