Sazerac Company Overview :
Build your career at Sazerac! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including 1792, Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the ?Best Places to Work in Kentucky? four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of ?world's most award-winning distillery? through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. During COVID-19, Sazerac distilleries began producing hand sanitizer for some of the world's largest organizations in healthcare, government, military, retail, distribution, airline, pharma, and banking. Also, during this time, while many companies are wading through uncertainty, Sazerac is poised for acquisition and growth
- recently acquiring 18 more brands, two companies and a distillery.
Since 1850, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! We attribute our success to a unique blend of our history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, our people. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry.Job Description/Responsibilities :
Are you ready to be the in-market expert on shopper trends and programs during relevant buyer & chain specific distributor meetings? Do you enjoy developing and selling stories & solution-based selling tools for national and local use?
The Trade Marketing Manager is a multi-divisional marketing resource for the sales team and serves to link sales needs with brand initiatives to ensure more impactful planning, communication volume and brand building execution. This includes national brand programming, seasonal thematic programs, and visibility initiatives, working with local sales team to localize national programs, ensure local team has appropriate/relevant materials and tools to execute.
In this role, you'll be:
- Identify and update the distributor and retailer key contacts information in the Key Contacts Access System and develop and build relationships with these contacts.
- Be the expert on consumer/shopper trends to build chain specific and general market programs in the on/off premise and localizing national programs to drive brand growth and increase revenue.
- Plan out the necessary solution selling tools needed to execute at the distributor and customer level by channel.
- Build out complimentary community/media support that will drive chain specific consumer awareness.
- Partner with State Managers to lead MDM teams and distributors to successfully exceed goals against priority brands and new business development launches.
- Development and follow action plan to gain learning experiences needed to advance my career.
- Gather qualitative feedback on all programming, measure for effectiveness and share best practices with peer group and brand teams. Lead in attending national planning HQ based distributor planning meetings as the national marketing expert. Responsible for delivering the national roadshow playbook to the distributors during key national planning meetings.
- Work across divisions with various State Managers and Division Managers. Lead development of annual marketing plans and customize national programs to drive Feature & Display for national Chains in Drug and Military across top core brands, while driving increased revenue growth in key designated divisions. Develop programming against key GM on/off premise Big Bets and manage execution timelines ensuring to stay within assigned budgets. Act as an expert on shopper trends/programs during relevant buyer & chain specific distributor meetings. Develop customer specific merchandising tools to drive display and small format merchandising.
- Consolidate and communicate all new business development (NBD) initiatives to local DM/Sales Team. Work with national sales commercial lead/local sales/wholesaler on launch planning execution of new A+ NBD initiatives.
- Utilize shopper trends, develop annual marketing plans as well as customize national programs to drive Feature & Display for Regional Chains and GM on/off-premise. Develop national solution selling tools (i.e. Sazerac University) for national and local use. Create new item sell-in proposals to fit chain dynamics. Develop customer specific merchandising tools to drive display and small format merchandising. Assist in development of multi-brand programs to support key calendar windows.
- Manage agency work on brand projects and programs, ensure execution against activity calendar and act as liaison between agency and sales team where needed. Also manage agency work on all assigned NBD projects Qualifications/Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years relevant sales/marketing experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (nights/weekends)
- Proficient in Microsoft office products
- Willingness to travel
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Requires Wine and spirits industry experience
- Requires Experience in New Business Development
- 5+ years of relevant experience