As a Technical Writer, specializing in a call center environment and experienced with relational databases, you will be a core member of the project team, responsible for writing, maintaining, and enhancing technical documentation which includes, but is not limited to, technical deliverables from multiple areas of the organization; training materials; help documentation; user manuals; and process documentation, through collaboration with management, other teams, and the client.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate experience with Five9 and Salesforce technology and produce program documentation and training materials that enable users to optimize their functions in those environments.
- Ensure a superior and continuously improving the level of product and document quality.
- Collaborate with software developers and QA specialists to ensure documentation for all products is ready for a successful and on-schedule delivery.
- Develop and continually improve reference manuals, diagrams, user guides, online content, release notes, and more.
- Manage the documentation set using version control.
- Prepare all documentation for release.
- Continually recommend process improvements and best practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Communications or Computer Science or related technical discipline; and five years professional related experience; or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, and work experience.
Technical and/or Domain Knowledge
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate in-depth knowledge and experience with the following:
- 5+ years of technical writing experience focused on call center and enterprise software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience working with relational databases and creating data dictionaries.
- Experience with Five9 and Salesforce platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to convey complex technical concepts in terms that varied audiences can understand.
- Experience working with software developers to document code samples, API references, and technical implementation guides.
- Experience coordinating documentation requirements with geographically distributed managers, developers, and QA specialists.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, within deadlines, working independently.
- Demonstrated understanding of information architecture concepts and how to apply the concepts to site maps and organization schemes and structures.
- Skilled at translating technical and functional information for appropriate audiences.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Travel to client locations, both local during the business day and out of the area/overnight travel, may be expected 50%
- 75% of the time.