Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team
- and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion
- find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
Rogers is seeking a Technical writer to aid in the documentation and standardization of multiple digital system. This unique role will help guide technical documentation across the department by building reusable and global standards that will affect every brand from Sportsnet to Citytv to 680 news.
What you will do:
Proficient at gathering informational needs of Business/Project team/subject matter experts and capture it in concise and accurate format
- Prepare and maintain documentation pertaining to programming, systems operation/ functionality, create data dictionary and end user documentation
- Provide new documentation and update existing documentation for new processes, procedures, and enhancements to produce deliverable in print, PDF and On-line formats
- Ability to be cohesive, succinct, and clear in both their verbal and written communication
- Work on multiple projects concurrently
- Consistently meet deadlines
- Demonstrate excellent cross-functional skills such as working with members of the Project Team including Subject Matter Experts, Business Analysts, Developers, and Testers
What you will bring:
Experience and Education Preferred:
- Undergraduate degree
- More than 5 years technical writing experience
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Proficient with the online and printed publishing technologies
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tools and technologies
- Understands moderate to complex systems and produces concise, well thought out user information
- Effective presentation and interpersonal skills with clear, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills with strong ability to understand business needs of clients
Here's what you can expect in return:
Be surrounded and talk every day to the team that guides the future of brands every Canadian knows: Be it Sportsnet, CityTV, 680 News
- Work with other people that value integrated teams, an agile development process,
- scrums, source control, pull requests, automated testing, and data-driven decisions
A work location in the very heart of downtown Toronto; the Rogers corporate campus is located at Bloor and Jarvis mere steps from a TTC subway station
- Your opinion matters! Building great websites at Rogers is a collaborative process that involves and values the input of every member of the team
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the ?what? and the ?how?
- Flexibility to work from home even after the pandemic ends
- Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.)
- As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Digital & Program Management
Requisition ID: 238895
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Digital Media