Manager, Digital Marketing
Head Office, 1400 Castlefield Ave, York, Ontario, Canada Req #1255
Tuesday, July 27, 2021
Roots is more than just an/the iconic Canadian retailer, we are a group of passionate employees who act with integrity, trust each other and do what is right. We work in a space where people can grow and develop, with a team of people who own results and are dedicated to seeing Roots win. We seek to build longstanding relationships with partners who share our commitment to maintaining high ethical standards of operation.
We are currently seeking a Digital Marketing Manager who can be nice, will seek inspiration from our roots, can commit to achieving results the right way and loves to think big to join us on our journey.
The Digital Marketing Manager is a member of our Marketing team, reporting directly to the Director, Digital Development.
The Digital Marketing Manager for Roots will be responsible for and evaluated on the following:
- Lead end-to-end digital marketing execution to achieve business objectives and support the go-to-market calendar, in Canada and the US·
- Develop and execute the Digital Marketing plan by owning strategy development, planning, forecasting, and working with both agency partners and internal teams to drive execution
- Leverage and analyze digital marketing KPIs (ROAS, CPA, CPM, CTR, etc.), and report results to the leadership and other stakeholders, expanding visibility of digital marketing to the business
- Develop and drive a testing and learning culture of continuous A/B testing and data analysis and refine marketing tactics based on learnings
- Develop and own key digital marketing strategies, including social media strategy, paid media strategy, and influencer strategy
- Develop seamless multi-channel journeys to drive acquisition and retention
- Work closely with the Creative team to develop creative assets that drive results across the full funnel
- Own the digital marketing budget and ensure efficient management across all budget measures and processes
- Partner with eCommerce to ensure messaging consistency, while taking into consideration channel best practices.
- Work with the B2B team to support execution of the digital marketing strategy with key partners in Asia
- Lead and manage a team of 2 social media marketers focused on organic social
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry news, best practices and changes in platforms, and identify how they impact existing programs
Top candidates for the Digital Marketing Manager role will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing/business or a related field
- A minimum 5-8 years' related experience working at a digital and/or brand communications agency or organization
- Digital-first strategic thinker with experience executing content creation, story-telling, digital media, social media best practices and search
- Passion for fashion, retail and the outdoors along with a background in developing advertising and digital content for cutting-edge consumer product brands
- Strong understanding of teen consumers and media consumption habits along with target audiences/consumer profiling and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and drive the business
- Understands and relishes the opportunity to work with a cross functional team
- Strong project management skills with the ability to lead and direct outside resources
- Exceptional time management, organizational, and networking skills
- An individual who is an energizer, a high-level communicator and an excellent team player
- Excellent communication skills. Fluency in English is a must with a working knowledge of French is a bonus
- Possesses a strong and intimate knowledge of the fashion, retail, street culture and the outdoors
The Digital Marketing Manager role is eligible for:
- The Roots Work In Comfort (Flexible Work) program,
- A generous clothing allowance and employee discount
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
Founded in 1973, Roots Canada is a publicly held Canadian lifestyle brand that sells apparel, leather bags, small leather goods, footwear and active athletic wear with over 100 retail stores in North America and Asia.