The Royal Conservatory (RCM) is one of the largest and most respected music education institutions in the world, providing the definitive standard of excellence in curriculum design, assessment, performance training, and teacher certification. It is also a leader in the development of early childhood education programs and arts-based social programs, and presents a diverse range of concerts featuring the finest Canadian and international artists in its magnificent performance space, Koerner Hall. Please visit www.rcmusic.com for more information.
The Royal Conservatory of Music's Associate, Digital Marketing is a creative and enthusiastic storyteller who can effectively plan, create, disseminate, and analyze engaging digital content across multiple digital platforms including The RCM's social media channels and website. Reporting to the Manager, Digital Marketing, this role will help to inform and execute The RCM's social media strategy, engage with and grow our online community, support organic and paid campaigns, and improve user experience online.
JOB DETAILS & RESPONSIBILITIES
There are three primary areas this role is responsible for, as follows:
- Think creatively to find innovative ways to engage The RCM's online audiences and support day-to-day social media content creation
- Plan, generate, and publish high-quality, engaging posts and curate an evergreen content stream across all owned social media platforms
- Facilitate and supervise online conversations, engage in social listening, and monitor and actively engage with social communities across all channels
- Respond to audience and customer questions and concerns in a timely manner and work with internal stakeholders to answer inquiries as needed
- Work with the Manager, Digital Marketing, to assist in developing ongoing social media and content marketing strategies, helping to define The RCM's social media presence and increase our organic online reach
- Prepare monthly and campaign data analytics reports and assist with providing assessments and recommendations
- Leverage data and analytics to drive better strategy, storytelling, and content creation and optimization for the organization
- Stay on top of key industry trends, platform updates, emerging social channels, and best practices
- Create high-quality content for the organization's websites, working with internal stakeholders to attain all necessary approvals prior to delivering it to the marketplace
- Manage and update web content on rcmusic.com and subsites and develop web content that tells our story in a succinct, clear and compelling manner
- Work with and advise internal stakeholders on website revitalization projects prioritizing user experience and online journey
- Provide internal support and expertise to content creators within business units and suggest changes to website architecture, content, linking, and other factors to improve SEO
- Ongoing general website maintenance and upkeep including fixing broken links and ensuring the organization remains AODA compliant online
- Support paid social media campaigns, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter, by developing strategy objectives and campaign goals and identifying key audience segments and target personas
- Assist with Google pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns including paid search, display, and video
- Perform day-to-day social and search campaign management including building, launching, reporting on, analyzing, and optimizing campaigns
Other duties related to the areas described above as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of three years of digital marketing experience either in-house or in an agency/client environment
- A degree or a diploma in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field
- A strong understanding of social media and search best practices and highly proficient with social media platforms, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, and Vimeo, programming and planning tools, like HootSuite and Asana, and analytics and advertising platforms, such as Facebook Ad Manager, Google Ads, and Google Analytics
- A strong understanding of content management systems, including Kentico, and basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Strong content creation skills including proficiency with creating and editing multimedia assets including images, gifs, audio, and video and confidence using Adobe PhotoShop and video editing software as well as some shooting skills for on-the-ground social media asset collection
- As the voice of The RCM, must have the ability to write effective, creative, and compelling copy for online audiences as well as possess strong editing and proofreading skills
- Highly adaptive, creative thinker with the ability to conceive and execute innovative and out-of-the-box solutions
- Strong organizational, project-management and problem-solving skills, with an ability to multitask to a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent communicator with the ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally with multiple teams across all business units
- A quick study and proactive worker with a willingness to learn and to pick up skills as required and looking to contribute in a meaningful way
- Motivated self-started with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A background in music and the arts, and experience with The Royal Conservatory's system of music study and examinations are considered assets
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required to monitor ongoing work.
- Extensive computer use for prolonged periods of time.
- Please note, although this is not a remote position, a period of remote work may be required depending on prevailing circumstances related to COVID-19.
The RCM is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the RCM's Anti-Racism, Access and Equity Policy, accommodation will be provided at any stage of in the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known when they have been contacted for an interview.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and RCM's Access and Equity policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and current résumé online (please upload a single file combining both documents) at www.rcmusic.com/about-us/careers-royal-conservatory. Applications will be accepted until the posting deadline of Wednesday, July 4, 2021. The RCM thanks all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that this position may be filled prior to the application deadline if a suitable candidate has been identified.