Skullcandy the original lifestyle headphone audio brand is seeking a creative and energetic Associate Marketing Manager to spearhead the adoption of the Global Marketing Plan within the Canadian marketplace. The Associate Marketing Manager, based out of Vancouver, BC will lead the planning and execution of marketing efforts aimed at increasing brand consideration and product conversion at point of sale, both in-line and online. As the driving force behind product launches and retail activations, the successful candidate will act as a liaison between HQ (Park City, Utah) and the Canadian office, as well as the cross-functional hub between stakeholders in Sales, Marketing, Product Development, Digital and Supply Chain.
- Be the driving force behind new product launches in Retail (sell-in and sell-through).
- Develop the messaging and positioning of Skullcandy products at point-of-sale for both end customers and sales associates across both in-line and online retail platforms.
- Manage a direct relationship with Skullcandy's national merchandising team, creating the in-store strategy and coordinating executions that maximize ROI of marketing investments within the channel.
- Spearhead the launch of new product introductions in-line and online. These efforts include the creation and ownership of the Integrated Marketing Plan that encompasses a number of critical workstreams including PR, brand partnerships, point-of-sale and sustainability/social cause.
- Ensure merchandising compliance and accuracy of Skullcandy products across retailer websites in accordance to promotional plans.
- Support the execution of global brand efforts within the region, including the creation and distribution of product seeding kits to brand ambassadors, clients/customers, and influencers.
- Partner with Marketing and Product teams and support the creation of training/reinforcement tools and sales presentations for Sales Managers.
- Develop and present regular business updates to management- and executive-level audiences virtually and/or in-person.
- Lead the development of retail in-store strategy including the ideation and project management of permanent and promotional fixtures at point-of-sale, and sourcing/managing external vendors.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree preferred, with concentration or experience in Marketing, Business or Communications.
- Minimum 3-5 years in related marketing or project management role with a focus on retail (brick-and-mortar).
- Strong leadership and consensus building skills; marketing management and strategic planning experience; a proven track record in developing and administering an integrated marketing program.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, organized and proactive.
- Able to work well cross-functionally with all levels in the organization.
- Polished presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate mastery of Microsoft Office tools, including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign preferred.
- Familiarity with Amazon Seller Central and/or Vendor Central is an asset.
- Periodic travel within Canada and the United States.
- 100% employer paid health insurance
- Ski pass reimbursement
- Product Discounts
- RRSP with employer match