Requisition ID: 109524
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Purpose of Job
Scotiabank Global Compliance is seeking a Senior Manager, Program Communications to join our Change Management team. We are building a leading, best-in-class Global Compliance function to: maintain customer trust, deliver efficiencies across business units, and to be trusted advisors and partners to protect the Bank's reputation.
Reporting to the Director, Change Management, the Senior Manager, Program Communications will have proven leadership skills and extensive experience in developing/delivering communications/learning programs that engage employees of different abilities, backgrounds and competencies.
The incumbent will have exceptional strategic planning skills, including the ability to think and act independently, impact and influence key stakeholders, transform existing programs, and drive innovation.
The Senior Manager will partner closely with project teams in the Compliance group and be required to support the vision and leadership in the development, support and delivery of innovative approaches to communications, training, and learning. The incumbent will also be responsible for creating, executing, managing and measuring communication strategies to deliver key messages and foster employee engagement around complex Compliance projects. The incumbent will provide ongoing strategic communication support to senior leadership teams and project leaders in the implementation of their business strategies and initiatives.
- Develop, own, and deliver on a communications plan/calendar of key messages related to Compliance projects to ensure consistent, relevant and timely delivery of material
- Actively monitor project activities to identify and address communication gaps / weaknesses
- Work across project teams and work stream leads to establish and manage communications plans, including a communications matrix, communications tracking tools, and any other strategic communications elements that support effective communications
- Responsible for assisting with the development, execution and management of communication strategies to deliver program/project key messages and foster employee engagement
- Provide ongoing strategic communication support to the Compliance senior leadership team and project leaders in the implementation of their business strategies and initiatives
- Partner with project teams to develop communications strategies and tactical plans that support Compliance initiatives
- Build linkages between project objectives and Compliance's evolving strategy to ensure key strategic messages are consistently incorporated into all communications
- Develop and implement pro-active and innovative programs to increase employee awareness and engagement
- Build relationships with subject matter experts across the Bank to share best practices and leverage existing material
- Ensure all communication materials are consistent in terms of format, messaging and branding
- Oversee the creation of targeted communications (examples: Executive memos, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), presentations, collateral, videos, webcasts, graphics, etc.) to move Compliance projects forward
- Establish methods to measure the effectiveness of communications efforts, set targets, track results, and improve programs
- Consult with business lines and project managers to identify and mitigate any communication risks, escalate issues as required, and ensure that delivery of communications remains on track based on project schedule
- Manage interactions with the broader Compliance team to support the management of various training, communication and change management projects
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with various stakeholders across Compliance and other departments across Scotiabank to ensure alignment and consistency with broader organizational communication efforts
- Lead meetings to drive key communication and change management assets and deliverables toward completion
Education / Exprience / Other Information
- Bachelors' Degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field required
- 6+ years of relevant experience required in the role of a project communications manager, preferably in a partnership or matrix organization where multiple complex groupings of stakeholders must be managed simultaneously
- Ability to develop and deliver executive level presentations that bring together strategy and high level concepts in a form that is easily understood by all stakeholders
- Experience working with technical and non-technical work stream leads to build and lead internal project communications plan
- Collaborative, entrepreneurial leader and strategic thinker who can clearly communicate complex issues to various audiences and deliver high level, professional work in a timely manner
- Ability to operate in ambiguous environments and develop a structure for successful execution
- Experience managing communications among teams across multiple geographic locations including virtual staff
- Strong initiative, consultative, communications, planning and execution skills
- Good understanding and awareness of strategic and tactical business planning and executional issues/processes
- Strong experience identifying what information is required and what information is superfluous, in order to avoid communication noise
- Background in, or understanding of learning methods, training needs assessment and training design is advantageous
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain high standards of client relations and service
- Ability to build consensus and negotiate the needs of diverse groups
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Strong ability to develop superior understanding of the needs and tactics of the national business media
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Strong team player who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment, but who works equally well alone
- Results-oriented with a high attention to detail
- Expert Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Active approach to managing sponsor and stakeholders' expectations
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.