At Mercer, we're creating a culture where you can bring your authentic self to work. When you join us, you bring your inclusive energy and enthusiasm to a team that values you personally and professionally
- regardless of who you are, what you look like, where you were raised or born, who you love or what your religious beliefs are. You are welcome here.
Our scaled Agile Delivery Methodology is transforming our IT teams in cohorts of Pods and Squads. If a Squad is defined as the smallest number of people required to deliver product functionality to market then a Pod is the smallest number of Squads required to deliver a complex product or collection of integrated products to market. Pods exist to create Products and services that deliver on business focused Missions.
We in Product Delivery Engineering are on a mission: to transform the way our Mercer business and IT teams work together to unlock the benefits of rapid delivery of quality, secure software to market by empowered teams. We will do this by rolling out our Agile at Scale Delivery model. You will lead one or more Squads and will be responsible for their delivery of working software through to production.
Mercer is seeking candidates to work REMOTE in our Toronto Canada or North America office locations.
Agile Scrum Master
What can you expect?
- We are looking for a highly-motivated, experienced Squad Leader with an enthusiasm for all aspects of product development who knows how to work with a team of highly skilled engineers.
- Our goal is to create an environment where continuous improvement of the development process is in focus and where everyone's common goal is to deliver outstanding software as fast as possible.
- You will be a proven expert in using the Agile / Scrum / Lean software development methodologies, a guardian of the delivery team's development processes and driven by delivering value.
- The Squad Lead / Scrum Master will be an excellent communicator and facilitator, and not afraid to raise issues and drive change to remove impediments from the delivery team
What is in it for you?
- Comprehensive benefits programs including: excellent pension contributions, private health insurance, tuition assistance, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs
- To join a truly global organisation that can offer excellent ongoing career development opportunities
- Good work life balance
- The ability to work from one of our local offices or remotely as suits your preference
- Be a part of a dynamic, innovative and fun team spanning the US and Canada
- Workplace flexibility
We will count on you to:
- Run the software delivery for your Squad ensuring there are smooth and efficient processes for getting software through from requirements to working in production
- Identify and work to eliminate blockers
- Responsible for ensuring your Squad is motivated, collaborative, efficient and empowered
- e2e Delivery of working software for 1 or more products or solutions into production
- You will generally be responsible for 2-3 squads of between 6-15 people
- You will have an Enterprise mind-set able to foster collaboration, break down silos, identify and work to remove blockers
What you need to have:
- A passion for the People agenda, for having a strong foundation in Scrum / Agile / Lean technology, and project management experience
- Technical skills across a range of platforms
- Proven track record of managing teams
What makes you stand out?
- Project management skills
- Skilled communicator and able to comfortably switch between in-depth technical discussions to high-level business presentations
- Experience working with Mercer People systems and reporting is a plus but not required
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
This role is not eligible to be performed remotely from Colorado.