The B.C. government has established a single Crown agency, the BC Financial Services Authority (BCFSA) to regulate the province's financial services sector, including credit unions, trust companies, insurance companies, mortgage brokers, pension plans, and real estate services. This summer, the Real Estate Council of BC (RECBC) and the Office of the Superintendent of Real Estate (OSRE) will integrate with the BCFSA. By including real estate services within the responsibility of the BCFSA, regulation will be simplified and enhanced across the B.C. financial services sector, resulting in increased consumer confidence and opportunities to streamline investigations and enforcement.
We currently have an opportunity for a Communications Manager to join our new integrated organization with BCFSA in Vancouver.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Manages communications and complex issues, anticipating strategic issues and developing communications strategy and products.
- Develops and implements approaches to connect with the public and stakeholders, through social media, news releases, brochures, speeches, newsletters, news conferences, webinars,meet and greets and special events.
- Acts as the first point of contact for all media inquiries for BCFSA.
- Manages the development and implementation of consistent and high-quality communication materials for BCFSA initiatives and regulatory services.
- Leads the development of targeted plans (e.g. strategies, objectives, methods and procedures) and delivery of campaigns, projects and programs supporting organizational goals and objectives.
- Monitors the overall effectiveness of campaigns, projects and programs to improve future marketing/communications initiatives.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of operational plans and reporting for a program area to support reliable program accountability, organizational core values and mandate.
- Contributes to the development of operational policies and procedures, performance standards and service levels with the goal of continuous improvement.
- Develops and maintains constructive and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides supervision, coaching and mentorship to allow team members to achieve their full potential.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Degree in Marketing or Communications and considerable experience as spokesperson and writing advertising or public relations copy for print, web and other electronic media, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preference may be given to applicants with leadership, project management and public sector communications experience.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities concurrently and meet tight deadlines in a high- pressure environment.
- Media relations training.
- Experience working with public stakeholders.
- Experience working in sectors BCFSA regulates
- Ability to identify emerging media issues.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN RETURN:
At BCFSA, we want to ensure that we are continually investing in our greatest resource
- our people.
In addition to living out your values by working towards fulfilling the mandates of BCFSA, we hope to make your employment experience with us the best it can be with employee perks and benefits that contribute to a balanced and enjoyable lifestyle for you and your family.
Here is what you can expect from us:
- Flexible working hours
- 4 weeks' vacation and other leave provisions
- Dental and Extended health insurance and benefits
- Wellness account
- Maternity and parental leave benefits
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Ergonomic workstations
- Employee and family assistance programs
- Employee professional development and training programs
- A Relocation Allowance may be considered for candidates outside British Columbia.
This is an opportunity to participate meaningfully in the protection of consumers in British Columbia leading a collaborative and motivated team. If you want a rewarding career in an environment that values integrity, courage, innovation, growth, collaboration, consider BCFSA.
Candidates who are offered employment will be subject to a criminal record, credential verification, and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
This position is open to external and internal candidates.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
BCFSA offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted about a career opportunity, please let us know if you require accommodation.
To support employment equity, we welcome applications from all groups. This includes women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who may contribute to diversity and inclusion in BCFSA.
The team at BCFSA thanks you for your interest!