What is the opportunity?
In this role as Director, Executive Communications you will have the opportunity to play a key communications role supporting RBC's Economics and Thought Leadership initiatives. You will enhance RBC's brand and reputation by driving effective media profile for key economic research, insights, and flagship thought leadership reports. The successful candidate will have 10+ years of public relations/public affairs experience with a track record in profiling economic commentary and analysis to media.
What will you do?
- Develop and execute external media communications plans with distinct and diverse areas of focus
- Draft news releases, key messages, opinion pieces
- Provide sound counsel to senior leaders on daily basis
- Coach and manage a high-performing direct report
What do you need to succeed?
- 10+ years of proven public relations/public affairs experience with exceptional writing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to place RBC research and insights into a larger news and public policy context, leveraging a keen understanding of political, economic and social forces shaping Canadian prosperity and competiveness
- Understand the diverse and changing media landscape and how it can build a strong profile of the bank's thought leadership research/insights brand
- Strategic and agile, combined with the ability to navigate a large, complex and matrixed organization
- Ability to evaluate impact, measure performance relative to peers and identify opportunities to sustain initiatives
- People management experience
- coaching for performance
- French as second language
- Awareness of working in a large, public company environment
- Knowledge of social media principles and best practices
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.
Address: 181 Bay Street
- Brookfield Place
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary
- Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: Yes
Application Deadline: 07/25/2021
Platform: Chief Administration Office
Req ID: 385419