Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As the Marketing and Pricing Specialist
- Fertilizers, you will develop and implement strategic business plans, commodity or market development activities and growth strategies which maximize the retention, growth and value for the assigned line of business segment.
You will manage the Development of product Strategies and ensure implementation of those strategies adhering to the Corporate and Line of Business (LOB) specific business objectives of an assigned book of business.
- Develop, implement and review as required market strategies that identify and evaluate market trends and their impact on the business;
- Develop recommended strategies and initiatives as a result of these market studies;
- Manage the analysis of strategic issues affecting CP's business including markets, competition, customers, supply chain partners, allocation of scarce resources which may also include support for Long Term Market Strategy Studies (up to 5 Years) lead by the VP Sales and Marketing;
- Develop, implement and review as required Medium Term Market Development or Initiative Plans aimed at protecting and growing the commodity business and supporting fluidity, balanced/bulk operating plans and enhanced operating income. This may include support for Long Term (up to 5 Years) Market Development Plans or Initiatives and Projects for expansions, new plants, export terminal facilities and all other customer market development initiatives including implementation of product and service strategies designed to maximize CP participation in new or growth markets;
- Support the LOB in Evaluating and Managing Complex Business Problems by performing in-depth economic and decision quality analysis of opportunities and strategies to improve yield;
- Lead the Design and Implementation of specific LOB Product Development Activities which provide competitive advantage, customer value and reduced cost to serve opportunities for new or existing business;
- Lead the Management of the LOB specific Contract Calendar and Direct the Preparation of Strategic Contract Renewals, Development of Bids/ Request for Proposal (RFPs), Defining Trading Space;
- Lead the business groups in providing key strategies, metrics and reporting for corporate processes including annual Business Plans and Quarterly Business Reviews;
- Develop and Implement improvements in Processes or Tools for Marketing and Product Management;
- Validate and Assess Performance against Annual Plan for Line of Business (LOB) Revenue and Market Outlooks, and recommend actions to deliver to the Revenue and Market Outlooks or to modify the Revenue and Market Outlooks;
- Represent CP as required with Class 1 Partners, Short lines, Clients, Vendors, Industry or Public as a LOB specific Knowledge Leader.
- University Degree is an asset, particularly in Marketing or Business Administration areas;
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills to support analytics and Revenue Plan and variance processes;
- Strategic planning skills;
- Critical thinking abilities;
- Solid understanding of the commodity markets, key customers, flows, product elements and attributes and performance for their responsibility area;
- Financial acumen and ability to conduct financial and business analysis;
- Strong relationship building skills, ability to prioritize key functions, accountabilities and make informed decisions in an expeditious fashion within the multi-year time horizon;
- Strong communication, influence and persuasion skills, specifically to articulate business group annual and multi-year strategies, frame progress and results;
- Ability to articulate corporate objectives and targets through specific revenue and profitability targets that will deliver to annual Revenue Plans, Revenue Cost Ratio targets and growth targets;
- Strong analytical and research skills to support the market understandings, trend analysis, emerging issues and competitive dynamics;
- Strong sense of urgency when required.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").