Community & Employer Engagement Manager
Salary Range: *Competitive with a comprehensive benefits package
Hours of Work: 36 per week
Days of Work: Monday
- Friday, 9:00am
Days Off: Saturday, Sunday
Date Posted: June 16th, 2021
Competition Closing Date: June 25th, 2021
Internal Posting Location: https://opendoorgroup.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Commencement Date: ASAP
Status: Exempt, Permanent, Full-Time
Work Area: Kamloops, BC
About Open Door Group*
Open Door Group is a non-profit organization that has been serving communities across British Columbia since 1976. Today, we continue to provide tailored employment services to individuals and businesses to build strong workforce ecosystems and thriving communities.
Certified as a Great Place to Work?, and ranked as one of the Top 50 Mid-Size Employers in Canada in 2021, we pride ourselves on modeling a culture of authenticity and transparency. Our core values are based on the genuine belief that all individuals have the ability to succeed and are the drivers of their own success, and we aim to support lifelong learning and career success for the people we serve, as well as our employees.
As a Certified Living Wage Employer, Open Door Group strives to offer competitive wages and benefits for our staff. All permanent staff at Open Door Group receive a comprehensive, 100% employer-paid benefits package, a municipal pension plan, and supplemental benefits including earned days off and ongoing professional development. Open Door Group also offers an Employee and Family Assistance program to support the well-being of each of our staff.
Under the general supervision of the Program Director, the Community & Employer Engagement Manager is primarily responsible for establishing and promoting relationships with regional and local employers, and for the implementation of sales cycles, resulting in the acquisition of new or renewed contracts/agreements for ODG, including but not limited to agreements to hire ODG candidates for permanent, sustainable jobs. In addition, the EE manager will support the training and development of ODG employer-facing program staff, and in planning, coordinating, and participating in local employment engagement events/activities. The EE manager will represent ODG at employer associations and employer-sanctioned events.
CORE FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES*
Core Function: Employer Marketing
- Implement sales pipeline strategies and activities (sales cycle), leading to the acquisition of new or renewed contracts/agreements with employers, including agreements to hire ODG candidates for permanent, sustainable jobs.
- Sales pipeline strategies and activities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Identification of value proposition to employers;
- Lead generation through inbound and outbound marketing;
- Identification of employers who are committed to diverse and inclusive hiring practices;
- Moving contacts to prospects;
- Qualifying prospects;
- Conversion of prospects to customers as demonstrated by individual job orders being fulfilled by ODG candidates.
- Conversion of employers to partners-advocates-promoters for ODG.
- Provide post-placement support through ongoing contact/follow-up with employers and, where required, the negotiation of workplace accommodations and modifications.
- Develop and maintain an employer loyalty program for different employer classifications.
Core Function: Employer Engagement Strategy & Initiatives
- Support the development of annual business/project plans by identifying regional/local engagement strategies.
- Plan, coordinate, participate, evaluate regional and local employment engagement events/activities by organizing meetings and venues, developing schedules and assignments; coordinating mailing lists; act as a spokesperson at meetings and events; and submit a report on the success of events/activities.
- Develop, organize, coordinate and implement training/employment partnerships with employers.
- Conduct research activities with local employers and industry stakeholders to gain an understanding of local and regional labour market trends and opportunities.
Core Function: Reporting
- Monthly, submit reports on sales results, including
output data (number of jobs leads created, number of qualifying prospects, number of presentations to employers, number of candidates interviewed) and outcome data (number of job orders filled with ODG candidates, number of candidates that reach sustainable milestones, and number of signed contracts for associated products and services.)
- Monthly, and in conjunction with the Associate Program Director, submit to the program director forecasts on the number of candidates in the pipeline and outcome projections for those candidates.
- Monthly submit action plan(s) to the program director to address shortfalls in achieving output and outcome results.
- Monthly, submit a report on employer conversion.
- Quarterly, submit a report on employment local labour market trends and evolving employer requirements.
Core Function: Training and Support
- Support external-facing program staff by providing sales training.
- Provide orientation and training on the Salesforce CRM system.
- Identify training material and resources that would increase the skills, competencies, and confidence of program sales staff.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the areas of employer marketing, engagement, and sales.
Core Function: Representation
- Represent ODG at business associations such as Board of Trade; trade and sector-specific associations, etc.
- Present and represent ODG at local/regional conferences and labour market symposiums.
- Coordinate and/or participate in key advisory groups and/or local committees that relate to employment engagement.
Performs other responsibilities/duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Marketing, Social Science
- Unrestricted driver's license and use of a motor vehicle.
Experience & Knowledge
- 2-3 years' experience in sales and marketing.
- Demonstrated understanding of the sales process and dynamics.
- Demonstrated experience in exceeding sales goals.
- Demonstrated experience in customer service and customer relationship management.
- Demonstrated experience in public speaking, giving sales presentations, and organizing marketing events.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing sales contracts for orders.
- Demonstrated analytical, planning, and organizational skills and experience.
- Demonstrated experience using computer applications including CRM and Office 365 applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy, and flexibility to work effectively with leadership, staff, government officials, and the general public.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain administrative and client records.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Required to pass a criminal history background and/or fingerprinting.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must have the ability to work on a computer for an extended period.
- Travel within British Columbia may be required.
- All ODG employees must: 1) know and follow health and safety policies and procedures and promptly report accidents and injuries; 2) sign a code of ethics and confidentiality form and report any infractions to agreements contained within those forms.
How to Apply
Please click the "Apply for this Job" button on this page, and follow the steps to enter your personal information and submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are suitable for the role. Please do not submit your application by emailing us.
Open Door Group values diversity and is committed to providing an inclusive work environment. We are looking for qualified individuals who represent, at all job levels, the diversity of the people we serve and encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, individuals of all genders and sexual orientation, origin and ethnic affiliations, disability, age, and religion._
We strive to ensure an accessible experience for candidates. If you require an alternative method to submit your application, please email us via Isarta or contact us toll-free at 1 866 377 3670 and ask to speak with an HR representative._
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining the Open Door Group team!_
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent