Digital Marketing Coordinator
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing and Communications and utilizing a service excellence approach this position is primarily responsible for the integration of digital assets, raising brand awareness, collaborating on marketing campaigns, leading digital activation projects and measuring and reporting on the effectiveness of digital channels. The Digital Marketing Coordinator will achieve digital marketing strategies that drive enrolment growth and revenue opportunities for the College. This role answers key questions such as how the Selkirk College brand is communicated and experienced through digital interactions and how these interactions fit into broader prospective student and stakeholder experiences.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator combines an in-depth knowledge of online strategies, the competitive landscape and industry trends with an experienced background in digital marketing. The role works to ensure consistency in strategy and message across all College marketing platforms including social media, the college website, campus events and digital and web marketing. The Digital Marketing Coordinator plays a pivotal role in enhancing the College and its brand and improving user experience. The ideal candidate is results driven, innovative and web and multimedia savvy.
Marketing and Communications
Internal / External
Desired Start Date
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Works collaboratively to develop Digital Marketing strategies:
- Develops campaigns for paid, earned and owned digital marketing channels that steer the College's digital narrative
- Tracks, analyzes and reports out on campaigns and communicates KPI's to stakeholders
- Works to develop email marketing strategies to targeted audiences
- Assists to develop targeted campaigns to specified recipients in the customer relationship management database delivering optimized communication at optimized times
- Analyzes data, mapping communications and messaging along the student lifecycle and enrolment funnel, building engagement
- Works with the team to create and execute social media strategy
- Develops and executes effective digital campaigns
- Stays up-to-date on digital trends
Leads internal client-based project management initiatives
- Representing the Marketing team, works with clients within the College to execute innovative and strategic digital marketing solutions based on clients varying goals.
- Prioritizes workflow through a level of overall awareness of all projects and workload management, manages project timelines and critical paths.
- Coordinating projects between internal (faculty and support staff) and external (vendors and suppliers) stakeholders
- Assisting developing school specific and college wide marketing activities through strategic project management and integration of all digital tactics
- Planning, managing and communicating to target audiences across a variety of mediums using digital marketing including campus video displays, social media, websites as well as paid media
- Coordinating of media buys for a variety of print publications and digital publications based on assigned budgets
- Providing seamless service to client stakeholders
- Writing targeted marketing plans that include campaign analytics and accompanying data
Works collaboratively to develop branded College collateral
- Recruitment and Advancement collateral production
- Marketing and Communications internal publications
- Web and Social Media production
- Event Promotion: related to all official Selkirk College internal and external event
- Student Life, student services and school specific promotion
Develops and supports content management through a number of programs by:
- Managing edits within the CMS systems to represent content properly including writing and editing content for web
- Working with stakeholders to strategize and implement content for all college browser-based publications through strategic coordination of the activities of others according to the overall strategy.
- Collects feedback from internal and external clients and gathering requirements to prepare content for their respective areas of the web publications.
- Implementing web-based survey and fillable forms software.
- Editing, proofreading, copyediting and publication of content for browser-based consumption.
Collaboratively plans and delivers digital communications by:
- Maintaining the web events calendar and digital signage
- Assisting with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools and campaigns with the focus on student recruitment
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of emerging digital tools and web analytics
- Demonstrated ability to perform wide degree of initiatives and marketing strategies using sound judgement and creativity
- Broad knowledge of digital best practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of various technology and computer applications
- A strong understanding and experience working with institutional and/or
corporate branding and web design
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to create and nurture effective partnerships/collaborations across the college
- Ability to edit within CMS and image editing software platforms as trained
- Familiarity with mass email online applications and analytics tools
- Ability to take initiative, creatively think, solve problems and bring new ideas
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment that requires proficiency in multitasking, prioritizing, and meeting deadlines
- A commitment to continuous learning
Education and Experience
- 4-year university degree (Communications (preferred), Business, Marketing or related preferred
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in marketing and digital communications
- Graphic Design Certificate and Training or courses in Digital Marketing, Analytics, Customer Relationship Management Systems, Social Media and Search Engine Optimization considered an asset
- High level understanding of Strategic Enrolment Management
- Proficiency in Digital and Social Media Marketing
** A combination of education and experience may be considered.
This is a regular, full-time position commencing August 2, 2021. Salary will be Pay Grade 10