Who is Mother Parkers?
We are one of the largest tea and coffee manufacturers in North America, with a mission to create a better beverage experience for our customers. As a leading customer solutions provider to some of North America's largest retailers and foodservice chains, we use state-of-the-art technology and new product innovation to help our customers grow their business and deliver superior products to their clientele. Our team of coffee and tea experts are deeply passionate about what we do, proud of our 100+ years of business success, and excited about building a future with endless possibilities. Come join our team and work among the best, collaborate with high performers, and contribute to challenging work every day!
We are looking for a seasoned Senior Category Marketing Manager to join our Core Coffee category marketing team. You will play a key role in driving growth and managing performance of a multi-million dollar portfolio for major retail and foodservice chains across North America. Your task is to develop and execute growth strategies, conduct performance analysis, support product innovation and development, and lead various projects.
What you get to do:
- Develop and execute annual category marketing plans which lay-out specified key growth strategies and initiatives for the category across a diverse group of customers, channels/segments and brands.
- Analyze and build strategies and recommendations to optimize formats within key channels focusing on sales mix and gross margin.
- Own innovation projects in conjunction with annual category plans that cover new product innovation, product extensions, new packaging development, and communication strategies specific to channels/segments and key customer groups.
- Formulate approach and leverage existing data from internal and external sources to develop, forecast, recommend and execute category strategies in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with sales leaders and research companies in understanding key customer and consumer insights which can be used with internal and external customers for projects, plans and presentations.
- Understand the key drivers of the P&L for business segment, own key P&L elements or customer P&L's within a given category or segment.
- Analyze and provide reporting on category and customer performance on sales, volume and gross margin on an ongoing basis. Evaluate and provide insight to new product, new customer, and category P&L's.
What you bring to the role:
- A general management mind frame, with a passion for driving results, and an insatiable curiosity.
- A can-do attitude with a bias for action, and the ability for prudent decision making within formal and informal business teams.
- A high level of personal accountability and integrity and a willingness to inspire others through demonstrated leadership potential.
- 7-10 years of experience in a category marketing role, preferably in CPG or retail.
- Experience in developing compelling business strategies that drive financial metrics and customer and consumer insights which lead to sustainable competitive advantage.
- Experience in executing business plans across multiple channels/segments.
- Ability to understand and act upon consumer insights driven through consumer research that lead to a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Experience in assessing the competitive environment and developing recommendations.
What we offer you:
- Flex hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- Competitive Total Rewards package
- health benefits coverage on day 1, employer matched retirement savings plans, optional Health or Wellness Spending Accounts.
- Employee discount program on all our coffee and tea products.
- Dress for your day
- when we're back in the office, come in your jeans, or a business suit if you're meeting with a client.
- Tuition Assistance Program
- we value continuous learning and self-development.
While Mother Parkers welcomes all applications, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or search firms. Only those candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted. Mother Parkers is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.