Jun 14, 2021
Company: Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union
Location: British Columbia (CA-BC), Vancouver/Toronto
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Grade: 10
Posting End Date:
Together, we help empower you to achieve what's important in your life.
What's the job?
The Graphic Designer is a vital role in bringing our brand to life both internally to our employees and externally to our members. Through the use of story-telling and engaging design, this designer brings the Coast Capital story to life with the impact to attract new members, deepen member relationships and increase internal engagement.
What you'll get to do:
- Design and Create custom designs (concept/storyboard to delivery) for brand development, social media content, asset development for promotions and campaigns, internal training documents and print publications
- Design landing pages, digital ads, emails, infographics, web banners, social media posts, e-newsletters, and other assets for websites and app. Responsible for curation and maintaining imagery database including photography selections
- Responsible for implementing brand standards across all new and existing assets. Responsible to ensure brand consistency, be the brand guardian to ensure effective messaging and strong brand recognition
- Designs with the end user's needs and the big picture in mind (encompassing brand, product and/or service) from concept to execution
- Mentor and coach design specialists on brand application and overall design best practices
- Responsible for presenting compelling design work to stakeholders and serving as a key stakeholder in cross functional projects with respect to a design point of view
- Manage design production budget and expenses.
- Manage design projects with external agency partners from brief to execution and coordinate with the larger internal project team
- Collaboratively work with members of the Marketing team and greater organization on a range of design projects.
Who are we looking for:
- Minimum 4
- 6 Years of of design industry experience. Brand marketing and/or product marketing experience an asset.
- Bachelor's Degree or a diploma requiring 3
- 4 years of full-time study. A degree graphic design, product design- an equivalent combination of diploma or certificate and experience will be considered.
- Advanced understanding of advertising principles for both digital and print
- Advanced design skills and mastery of hand illustration, typography, color, conceptual graphic design, digital design, print design and layout creation
- Proficient at UX design
- Strong work ethic and advanced time management skills. Confident multi-tasking in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Advanced skill at applying brand style guidelines and driving brand consistency
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and other graphic design software, as well as Microsoft Office Tools
- Proven track record of successfully owning the execution and delivery of consumer-facing advertising
- Advanced communication skills specifically ability to present compelling design work to stakeholders clearly and to listen, iterate and deliver the desired experience..
- Highly collaborative and able to understand the opportunity, problem solve and find elegant design solutions.
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We're not all the same and we like it that way. We don't just accept differences
- we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe, the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.