Annapolis Valley Regional Centre for Education
English 10; English Communications 12; Mikmaw Studies 11; History 10
Posting closes at Midnight, June 18th
Teachers are expected to:
- provide quality instruction within the framework established by the Nova Scotia Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
- implement strategies, activities, and techniques for promoting student learning based on each student's prior knowledge, skills, and learning needs
- attend and actively engage in meetings and ongoing professional development
- A valid Nova Scotia Teaching Certificate
- Methodology courses, experience, or practicum teaching in the subject area(s) at the appropriate level for the competition;
- Excellent classroom and student management skills;
- Knowledge and experience in the application of technologies used to enhance instruction and learning;
- Knowledge and/or experience in implementing inclusive teaching and assessment strategies
The successful applicant will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check and a completed Child Abuse Registry
- Request for a Search Form.
Open Vacancy Round Hiring
The Annapolis Valley Regional Centre for Education will conduct teacher interviews commencing on July 2 for teacher interviews for the Open Vacancy hiring round.
Interview teams will contact shortlisted applicants between June 21 and up to July 7 to make interview appointments. Applicants must be available to take these phone calls.
Interviews may be conducted by Google Meets, phone, Facetime, or Skype.
Successful applicants will be contacted between July 2
- July 7. All shortlisted applicants will be contacted regardless of interview outcome.
Provide 3 professional/supervisory, work-related references, their phone # and their email addresses in your SuccessFactors application. References must be able to speak to an applicant's teaching abilities. AVRCE will require referees to provide reference checks before noon on June 30.