Northumberland Lamb Co-operative was established in 1982 by a group of local lamb producers as an outlet for processing and marketing local lamb. It is the only federally inspected lamb abattoir east of Quebec, located at Brookside, Nova Scotia. We are seeking an independently driven and ambitious individual for the position of Business Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for business and growth activities at the Co-operative with a specific focus on the following responsibilities.
- Maintain, develop and expand relationships with both lamb producers and customer partners.
- Maintain and review all internal business functions.
- Coordinate and schedule with lamb producers and Plant Manager to ensure availability of lamb supply to meet market demand.
- Conduct market research and carry out promotional campaigns.
- Develop, in collaboration with the plant manager, an annual financial budget and provide regular progress reports to the Board of Directors.
- Lead the cooperative's strategic planning process working collaboratively with the Board of Directors and Plant Manager.
- Provide feedback and suggestions to the production team to assist in product development.
- In collaboration with our web developer, manage the company's website and ensure timely updates.
- Oversee and manage the social media presence for Northumberland Lamb Co-operative.
- Schedule meetings with the Board of Directors as required in the cooperative's by-laws.
- Represent and promote Northumberland Lamb Co-operative at industry and trade functions.
- Post-secondary degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or another related field
- Experience within the agriculture sector is preferred.
- Computer skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment.
- Experience with social media
- particularly Facebook.
- Familiarity with the Co-operative model.
- Fluency in both official languages.
- Full-time permanent employment.
- Competitive salary; commensurate with experience.
- Extended health benefits.
- RRSP matching program.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.