Oh, Hello Gorgeous!
As one of the fastest growing cosmetics companies in the world, Benefit Cosmetics is always on the lookout for dynamic, creative talent. At Benefit, we believe that our people should reflect the same qualities that we develop in our beauty products...first-rate quality, results oriented, innovative, and of course, fun and enthusiastic.
Are you looking for a career with one of the fastest growing beauty brands? Look no further. Benefit Cosmetics is all about whistling while you work it and faking it till you make it. We're about having fun, grabbing life by the giggles and never letting go!
If you're ready to get the job done with a sense of style, flair, humour, and enthusiasm, Benefit could be your place to shine!
Could this be you?
Benefit Cosmetics Canada is looking for a full-time Graphic Designer to join the Benefit Canada Head Office team.
As part of the marketing team the Graphic Designer is responsible for creating and/or modifying graphic art to be used in customer facing and media related materials
- print & digital. This position also coordinates the production process and trafficking of artwork and projects from conception to completion. The Graphic Designer is responsible for electronic filing and organization of all creative assets in a well-planned library. Works closely with the Senior Graphic Designer to provide a consistent look & feel of our unique & exciting Brand DNA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide graphic design support to the Marketing, Visual Merchandising, Sales and Education departments for Benefit Canada
- Embrace Benefit's unique brand DNA and follow brand standards with consistency by use of brand fonts, logos, colours and assets
- Liaise with Beauty Central U.S. & Global teams to access shared files & assets
- Best utilize key assets ?key visuals? to maximize exposure for product and brand
- Execute design requests for in-store merchandising elements including: New product focus area, POP signage, till-point displayer graphics, posters, etc. Experience with dielines is a strong asset
- Brainstorm, design, and develop artwork by providing creative solutions to support our Marketing and PR initiatives such as press releases, ads, insert cards, digital assets, influencer sends, trips and unique experiences, and Marketing events for new launches and campaigns
- Execute design requests for Benefit's online / digital assets for social media and retailer/vendor websites and promotions
- Prepare artwork for output for required media, which includes photo retouching and color correcting of electronic files working closely with Senior Graphic Designer
- Review artwork & design layout for consistency across all channels (merchandising, digital, print)
- Proofread copy for consistent messaging & accuracy. Verify corrections as needed, working closely with Senior Graphic Designer and Marketing team
- Route materials in various stages for approval by appropriate department
- Monitor projects & track activity on production schedule and maintain orderly job files for all project materials executing from start to finish and preparing files for print
- Collaborate with outside vendors (printers, graphic suppliers) and internal departments (Accounts, Marketing, Education, etc) to coordinate efficient completion of all projects, working closely with Senior Graphic Designer and Marketing team
- Provide in-house design & creative needs (business cards, stationary, office assets)
Qualifications and/or Experience Requirements :
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Graphic Design
- 2+ years graphic design experience
- Background in retail merchandising an asset
- Understanding of basic marketing principles and tactics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze complex dielines, interpret creative requests & solve problems.
- Skilled knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite 6: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Expert knowledge of fonts used in design programs
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to handle multiple projects effectively, accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to print, display or mock-up artwork and present to key stakeholders via zoom or in person
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Adept at problem solving & multi-tasking
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- Strong interpersonal skills
- An RGD Certification would be considered an asset
- A good sense of humour!