Shopify's mission is to make commerce better for everyone. From building a new product feature for our commerce platform, to helping a merchant troubleshoot an issue over the phone, we want to empower our ecosystem through our work.
Having a unified vision, a north star, is vitally important to ensure that we are all headed in the same direction. No matter the size or experience, we want to power every merchant's experience. This is why we're all here.
Shopify is now permanently remote, and we're working towards a future that is digital by design. That location you see above? Consider it merely an example of hundreds of potential locations across Canada where Shopify is hiring. Learn more here: https://www.shopify.com/careers/work-anywhere
As Partner Marketing Manager, Canada you are responsible for planning and implementing demand generation and merchant growth programs with our partners, including ecommerce agencies, Shopify experts, Shopify App developers, government, commercial partners and other organizations. The objective is to drive acquisition of new merchants onto the Shopify platform and to help partners, merchants, and Shopify grow.
Focused on Canada, you will be part of a regional marketing team building integrated marketing programs that acquire new merchants to Shopify Plus, Shopify Retail POS and Shopify for entrepreneurs and SMB. You will work closely with a team of regional partner managers to help identify and amplify the efforts of our best partners. This will include educating our partner ecosystem, running co-marketing growth campaigns, deploying enablement tools, and collaborating closely with our global marketing team.
This role requires that you're an excellent marketer, able to build nimbly, identify and focus on priority initiatives. You must develop and nurture relationships with colleagues in marketing, partnerships, sales, merchant success, launch engineering and support as well as with external organizations.
- Enrich and expand relationships with regional partners by planning and managing lead generation efforts in the Canada region including marketing campaigns, field events (virtual and IRL), content marketing and other initiatives
- Educate partner managers and the partner community on global and regional marketing initiatives, including product marketing, customer marketing, digital activations, campaigns, content and PR initiatives
- Manage the quality and flow of regional Partner Qualified Leads (PQLs)
- Identify potential merchant stories to be utilized for both sales, merchant and partner success
- Ensure timely and relevant communications are deployed to keep our partners abreast of program and product enhancements.
- Drive top of funnel partner acquisition through campaigns that build the partner programs brand and drive conversion in the forms of new partner sign ups.
- Manage regional partner marketing budget, financial models, performance metrics and tracking systems for regular analysis and reporting
- Develop and adapt regionally-relevant partner facing materials to aid with onboarding, training and education
- Produce and deliver presentations to internal and partner audiences
- Assess the effectiveness of your regional initiatives. Report on success metrics, insights, and recommendations.
- Answer partner marketing requests, prioritizing workflow, and identifying new opportunities
- Work closely with Partner Managers to ensure partners are successfully onboarded, activated and engaged
- Work closely with other regional partner marketing managers (US East and Canada) as well as the central Global Partner Marketing team
- Work closely with Canada Sales, Merchant Success and Partnerships team, including on special projects such as groups and organizations
- Experience in sales, partnerships or at an agency within B2B or SAAS business
- Strong experience in marketing, including demonstrable work with partner, channel or community ecosystems
- Deep understanding of developer and partner ecosystem audiences and their motivations
- Ability to thrive in uncertainty, resolve ambiguity and think quickly on your feet
- Excellent communication and organizational skills while being able to stay focused on the big picture and pay attention to details
- Knowledge of how to run successful digital and offline in-person integrated marketing campaigns
- Experience helping drive global business, product, and product marketing strategy
- A resourceful attitude and positive negotiation skills
- you'll be working with a lot of different teams across Shopify and external ecosystem partners
Closing date: Monday, June 14th at 11:59PM EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2020 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.