Customs Entry Writer. Is that you? You'll be responsible for the accurate and timely submission of customs entries for clearance through U.S. Customs and Border Protection and Partner Government Agencies (PGA). You'll serve as a knowledgeable customer advocate, committed to providing excellent levels of customer service through subject matter expertise and strong sense of accountability and urgency.
Our dynamic and comprehensive training program will set you up for success. You will participate in a mix of group activities, self-guided learning, plus coaching and mentoring to help you become an expert in our systems and processes and provide on-going regulatory training. Many of our successful Customs Entry Writers go on to expand their careers with us in Global Compliance, Sales or Account Management, which makes this role a terrific introduction to C.H. Robinson and a way to start, refresh, or enhance your career.
If this all sounds good, let's talk more about what you'll be working on:
- Serve as the primary CH Robinson customs representative for your customer account base, ensuring prompt response to customer inquiries and follow through on issues until resolution to customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate mastery with respect to the customs brokerage products' standard operating procedures (SOP) and best practices.
- Direct ownership of Customer Standard Operating Procedures and Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) databases for customer account base to ensure full compliance of CBP and customer requirements.
- Begin to develop the skill to serve as a custom's trusted advisor, transitioning from the day-to-day data entry fundamentals to true customs brokerage account management of your clients.
- Analyze and validate import documentation and data to ensure they are in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations prior to entry submission to U.S Customs and Partner Government Agencies (PGA).
- Adhere to a high level of operational excellence internally and externally, with respect to on-time performance, accuracy, and customer service.
- High school degree or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of customs entry-writing experience
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Excellent communication, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Proven track record of strong customer service skills, interacting with customers and being client focused
- Excellent follow up with customers and the network
- Critical-thinking, flexibility, and problem-solving skills to adapt to ever-changing tasks and customer needs
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven office environment
- Bachelor's degree
If this sounds like the job for you, let's talk! We can't wait to hear from you.
It's important to note that per the Customs Regulations, specifically 19 CFR 111.53(e), a Customs Broker is required to receive written approval from U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) if it knowingly employs any person who has been convicted of a felony. For this reason and unless prohibited by state or local law, we will perform our initial background check and an annual check for any person employed in a Global Forwarding Customs Brokerage Department.
We offer excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid time off, disability insurance, life insurance, a retirement plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
ABOUT C.H. ROBINSON
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world's largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.