Date Posted: 06/02/2021
Req ID: 3915
Faculty/Division: Operations & Real Estate Partnerships
Department: Ancillary Services
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Ancillary Services constantly endeavours to make the University of Toronto experience a great one. Our division is dedicated to providing the highest quality and cost effective solutions to the St. George campus and community. Food Services at the University of Toronto oversees more than 30 food locations across the St. George campus and runs programs, cultural events, environmental initiatives and campus Meal Plans.
The Food and Beverage & Campus Events team works closely with the Ancillary Services Marketing and Communications team to promote services and achieve business objectives across the University's St. George campus. The Marketing and Communications team consists of brand, design, and social media experts who support all Ancillary Services business streams. Within this collaborative environment, and under the joint direction of the Executive Director, Food and Beverage & Campus Events and the Director, Marketing and Communications, this new position will act as a marketing liaison between the Food Services and Marketing teams in implementing marketing and communications plans and objectives.
Your responsibilities will include:
Implementing communication plans that support outreach goals and objectives
- Implementing marketing and advertising plans to increase revenue-generating activities
- Advising clients on marketing and advertising strategies for multimedia channels
- Implementing community relations outreach plans for targeted audiences
- Creating and maintaining presence on social media platforms
- Advising on the development of promotional/outreach materials
- Conceptualizing, organizing and executing event activities
- Promoting events and programs to target audiences
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing/Communications or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum four years of related experience in Marketing/Communications.
- Excellent customer service skills providing detailed information and support to clients.
- Demonstrated ability to tackle multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills (Adobe creative software, Microsoft Office, social media platforms, WordPress CMS).
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Goal oriented
- Motivated self-learner
- Problem solver
- Team player
Closing Date: 06/16/2021, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Ancillary Operations
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 11
- $66,326 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $84,818. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Facilities/Ancilliary Services