Date: Jun 2, 2021
Location: North Vancouver, BC, CA, V7P 3R5
With over 60 years of industry experience, Gescan has 26 branches located across Western Canada. Gescan is a proud member of the Sonepar Canada family, one of the largest B-to-B electrical distribution networks in the world. Sonepar Canada has over 1900 employees working out of 114 offices between the unique brands. At Gescan, we leverage our strong global resource base, our local expertise, and our family-oriented values to deliver the best service to our customers and suppliers.
- Contacting current customers and identifying new products and potential up-selling.
- Responding to and processing incoming calls and orders.
- Opening new accounts.
- Developing customer base and sales leads by making cold and warm calls.
- Entering orders into system.
- Maintaining knowledge base on current products and learning about new products.
- Identify product(s) the customer requires that may not be stocked by the Company and sourcing the product(s).
- Providing pricing quotations and follow-up on quotes.
- Purchasing (direct orders) .
- Counter Sales (where applicable).
- Shipping & Receiving
- daily verify orders and fill-in if the shipper/receiver is absent (where applicable).
- as required.
- Providing basic technical support on products.
- Provide quotations and product information.
- Troubleshooting (freight problems, expediting, etc...).
- Responding to inquiries.
- Closing orders.
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diplomarequired.
- Post Secondarycourses in Sales and/or Marketing preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Product knowledge or industry experience an asset.
- 1-3 years related experience.
We are interested in knowing you more. Start an exciting new career and enjoy a number of employee benefits by applying online. Gescan is very thankful for your interest in joining the team, only individuals selected for interview will be contacted.