Do you like making genuine connections with people? Building rapport and building positive relationships in the life of others? Come work for one of BC's top not-for-profit societies.
The Phoenix Society is a not-for-profit society located in Surrey, Coquitlam, and Abbotsford BC, serving the Greater Vancouver and Fraser regions. We are dedicated to social innovation and community initiatives that help participants exit the cycle of addiction and homelessness.
- Our unique integrated services model provides:
- Bed-based substance use treatment services
- Employment and educational assistance
- Supportive Housing
- Housing and Health Outreach Services
- Reintegration services
- Harm reduction services
Reporting to the Director of Programs, Mental Health and Addictions the Abbotsford Community Hub Manager plans and oversees the day-to-day operations of the Phoenix Society's Abbotsford operations:
- Abbotsford Community Hub Centre Programs
- Injectable Opioid Agonist Therapy clinic at the HUB
- HIV Support Services
- Emergency Response Shelter
- Two second stage housing programs
- Ensure program budgets and contractual deliverables are met and maintained and provides required documentation and reporting.
- Takes a lead role in ensuring that the operations of the Phoenix Programs achieve a consistent high quality of services, programing, accountability, security and infrastructure that meets and exceeds requirements and expectations of our funding agreements and the Phoenix Society's policies, procedures, and organizational mandate.
- Ensure all staff and peers are well trained and equipped to meet the challenges of their positions in compliance with health directives and Work safe BC regulations.
- Direct and plan essential services such as reception, security, maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, waste disposal and recycling ensuring that the buildings meet all health and safety requirements.
- Oversee an effective risk management and risk reduction program for the Society's harm reduction programs.
Skills & Qualifications
Education: Minimum Bachelor of Arts Degree (or equivalent) in a related field
Experience: A minimum of 3-5 years of progressively responsible and effective leadership and management of community health or social service programs.
Social Services Field: Preference will be given to those with experience in addiction services and/or social services, preferably within a community setting, with demonstration of sensitivity to the issues of people affected by substance misuse, concurrent disorders and homelessness.
English: Fluent and able to effectively communicate professionally, orally and written, in English. Fluency with medical terminology required.
Technical Skills Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, together with working knowledge of electronic medical records and electronic medication administration records. Demonstrated skill utilizing faxes, scanners, IP phones and collating photocopiers.
Criminal Records Check: Current clearance.
Schedule: Full time, 37.5 hours weekly, Monday to Friday
The successful candidate will be expected to take part in an on-call rotation and work a flexible schedule when needed.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume via our job board or on this site.
We look forward to your application!
Phoenix Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all applicants to apply and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.