- Non Union
JOB PROFILEAAPS Salaried
- Information Services, Level C
Job TitleChange and Communications Strategist
DEPARTMENTChange and Communications | Integrated Service Centre | Finance and Operational Excellence | VP Finance and Operations
- $10,228.92 CAD Monthly
Posting End DateJune 3, 2021
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the Posting End Date above.
Job End Date
The Integrated Service Centre ("ISC") maintains, continuously improves and enhances the systems and processes that support operational functions of UBC, including human resources and finance (and student services, in the future). Team members within this unit will work cross-functionally with other departments/units across UBC. The vision for the ISC is to provide integrated services that create an enriched user experience for UBC faculty, staff and students.
The Change and Communications Strategist is responsible for delivering integrated change management and communication strategies and initiatives to ensure adoption and create awareness and understanding of the ISC products and services. This position leverages best-practices in the change management, communications and engagement discipline to ensure changes are effectively understood, communicated, and adopted by the organization. This position develops and coordinates ISC communications for a diverse audience across the UBC community, driving stakeholder engagement.
Reports to the Change Management and Communications ("CMC") Senior Manager. Works in partnership across the CMC team and the broader UBC community to deliver an integrated solution for all stakeholders, continuously improving upon ISC service and related product solutions. Frequently engages with teams and team members across the broader ISC and UBC community to understand and inform on project requirements through change management and communications best practices.
1) Provides change management and communications and engagement support for the ISC.
- Conducts stakeholder analysis and change readiness assessments through several formats (i.e. workshops, focus groups, surveys, etc.); evaluates results and summarizes findings to inform communications strategy and plans.
- Develops, leads, and implements change management and communications strategies and plans; coordinates engagements and build alliances across UBC, ensuring consistency of communication methods and messaging are complementary and consistent to provide maximum value to the University
- Develops effective, engaging content for various audiences, using a variety of communication channels including presentations, specialized web content, key messages and others to support delivery of product releases or other enhancements.
- Manages the tracking of stakeholder engagements using standardized tools and produces meaningful reports.
- Provides communications expertise, including writing and editing updates on ISC website, and announcements, etc.
- Strategizes and oversees creation and enablement of reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of success.
- Develops internal communication policies and procedures to ensure consistency in message and deliver and adherence to ISC's goals.
- Develops and maintains style guides, standards, and templates for use by the ISC in both internal and external communication campaigns.
2) Develops and maintains effective partnerships across the ISC and broader UBC community.
- Partners with the CMC team to drive the development of meaningful, coordinated, and innovative communications.
- Partners cross-functionally across the ISC to align work, priorities and practices, participating in stakeholder review meetings as appropriate to communicate change.
- Partners across UBC to support the definition and documentation of future needs, processes, and interdependencies, ensuring technical changes are understood and effectively translated into strategic key messages.
- Engages with key stakeholder to coordinate targeted communications dissemination processes and enable wide distribution.
- Provides leadership in communication projects and initiatives.
3) Advocates for a partnership that moves UBC's practices from "system of record" to "platform of engagement" through collaborative and innovative efforts.
- Solicits feedback fostering an agile, innovative, and collaborative transformation experience.
- Partners with relevant stakeholders to resolve issues related to engagement, adoption, sustainment, and continuous improvement.
4) Actively promotes best practices in the security and privacy of personal information and data; makes recommendations to improve processes and procedures where necessary.
5) Performs other related duties as required.
Consequence of Error/Judgement
Contributes to the broader CMC team and UBC's communications strategies. Supports decision-making regarding the planning and delivery of an existing large, complex and University-wide product. Focusing on partnerships and product delivery excellence will ensure optimal functionality and customer satisfaction and support of ISC's strategic goals.
Reports to the CMC Senior Manager. Works in partnership on a team with wide latitude across the ISC. Work is reviewed in terms of quality, achievement against objectives, and focus on collaboration and innovation.
Acts a mentor or coach to peers as required.
Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline. Minimum six years of related experience, or communication services, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline. Relevant Disciplines include: Business Administration, Communications, Organizational Psychology, Human Resource Management. Minimum of six years experience or communications services or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Specialized experience in change management, communications and engagement, knowledge management and training and development is an asset. Experience with IT change management and ITIL principles an asset. Workday experience is an asset. Experience working in a complex, academic and multi-union environment is preferred. UBC experience is an asset. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of a variety of change management and communications frameworks in addition to the appropriate application.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing large-scale change management and communications plans.
- Demonstrated knowledge of organizational change approaches and tools with a strong emphasis on communications.
- Proven experience developing communications using a variety of channels, including both digital and print. Experience working with content systems such as Canvas, WordPress, and/or Drupal an asset.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating on cross-functional teams to meet critical, time-sensitive deadlines and communicating to diverse audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including active listening, written and verbal communication, and conflict management.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy; exercise tact and discretion.
- Intermediate-level proficiency with MS Office Tools (e.g., Microsoft Project, Excel, etc.), specifically for reporting, metrics, and data validation.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative and inclusive manner, fostering equitable experiences and a respectful environment through reflection, empathy, sensitivity, and curiosity towards differences across teams.