The incumbent provides support to the Administrative team in various projects and activities including marketing, fundraising and event coordination. This a Canada Summer Job position, the contract is for 16 weeks
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Executive Director and other members of management in various office tasks such as answering calls, drafting documents, reviewing spelling/grammar errors, filing, data entry, taking meeting notes/minutes, and coordinating meetings/events.
- Assist in maintaining agency's website, social media pages, physical signs, and printed materials while ensuring they are accurate, up to date and follow authorized branding guidelines.
- Assist in maintaining and updating information about the agency in all external websites and databases.
- Assist in the drafting and preparation of various documents such as policies, memos, press releases, ads, speeches, blogs, scripts, and any other materials as needed.
- Assist in maintaining accurate records (files and/or database) and prepare various administrative reports.
- Assist in the coordination of special events/projects (AGM, fundraisers, networking events, promotional showcases, meetings, etc.).
- Assist in the research and identification of funding sources and provide relevant project information (strategies, proposed budgets, market research, etc.).
- Assist in marketing and promoting the agency through in-person or virtual participation in job fairs, community board involvement and professional and/or business associations.
- Other duties as requested by management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Between the ages of 15 to 30 years
- Postsecondary education or experience relating to business administration, marketing, or sales.
- Excellent interpersonal skills/ a team player that can accept responsibility and cooperate with others to accomplish organizational goals.
- Advanced computer skills and effective research skills utilizing internet resources.
- Ability to problem solve and effectively work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral; attention to detail with ability to produce grammatically accurate emails, letters, and formal communications.
- Able to exercise discretion with personal and confidential information.
- Valid Ontario drivers' licence and access to an insured vehicle is required for travel outside the office.
- Current and clear criminal record check, including vulnerable sector screening.
- Travel outside the office will be necessary.
- May require non-standard working hours.
- Must have the ability to work from home as needed.