Make the move... Join the team at Graybar Canada!
Graybar Canada (a division of Graybar Electric and a Fortune 500 corporation) is a leader in the distribution of high quality electrical, automation and telecommunications products and provider of related supply chain management and logistics services.
Graybar Electric operates more than 250 distribution facilities throughout North America with 30 branches across Canada. As one of the world's largest employee-owned companies, Graybar has the power and stability of a big corporation and the integrity and drive of a neighbourhood business.
Graybar Canada currently has an exciting career opportunity available at our Halifax, NS location for a:
Marketing and Communications Developer
Graybar Canada offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employee Profit Sharing Program
- Long Term Disability Benefits
- Group RRSP Matching
- Corporate Fitness Membership Program
- Employee Share Purchase Program
- Computer Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Service Awards Program
- Scholarship Program for Employee's Children
This role will support the overall Graybar Canada communications and marketing plan. This role is responsible for the development of various strategic marketing initiatives and materials, manage social media content, internal and external communications, newsletters, strategic plan, print/Web advertising and other components as requested.
- Design and manage marketing promotions and sales incentives for Graybar Canada and vendors.
- Manage promotion items, swag and incentives with national campaigns.
- Organize Co-Op and Marketing Development funds as per vendor initiatives.
- Manage and create content for Graybar Canada blog and inbound marketing plan.
- Coordinate internal and external publications and communication documents.
- Manage required deliverables pertaining to national Graybar Canada brand.
- Manage monthly e-newsletter content and distribution.
- Manage national events as pertains to Graybar Canada brand.
- Create communication and press releases as needed.
- Manage and prioritize branch and division requests for marketing collateral
- Manage event requests from branches or divisions of Graybar Canada
- Manage trade show requests from branches or divisions of Graybar Canada.
- Oversee maintenance of website, including uploading pictures, website changes, and updates;
- Coordinate with technology and user experience teams to improve marketing results from digital and traditional products.
- Conduct customer research to inform marketing strategy through surveys and contests
The ideal Candidate will possess the following:
- University degree or college diploma in Marketing, Communications or Creative Design, or a related discipline.
- 2-5 years of marketing communications experience
- Relevant writing/editing/proofreading experience
- Exceptional English language writing and grammar skills.
- Design and creative development experience required
- Proficiency with desktop publishing software and Adobe Suite (in-Design) required
- Demonstrated skills of social media applications (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube), and content development for social communities and/or groups is required.
- Understanding of the marketing and sales process between vendors, employees and customers to create appropriate and persuasive marketing communications is an asset
- Strategic thinking, including the ability to quickly identify and understand issues and opportunities.
- Strong copywriting and editing background for web and digital channels.
- Must be a results-oriented, independent self-starter with a sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
This is a brief outline of position responsibilities and does not intend to be all-inclusive of the current or future duties, responsibilities or reporting relationships of the position.