It is an accepted fact of doing business today that customers and prospects are using the internet to search for products/services and evaluate their available choices. While larger companies have in house personnel dedicated to online marketing, small and medium sized businesses face a challenge to compete in this critical space.
Core Online Marketing, located in downtown Oakville, provides small to medium sized businesses with a strategic online marketing partner. We provide our clients with the dedicated team they need to build and grow their online presence.
Our team based culture is based on respect, care, accountability, community, humility, the desire to achieve great results, a hunger for growth and knowledge, and last but not least, a great sense of humour.
This position is an ideal role for a recent college or university graduate with a marketing degree and a desire to build ?hands on' experience. If you are exceptionally organized, meticulously detail oriented, enjoy problem solving and just love to get things done: this job is for you.
The Online Marketing Coordinator role works collaboratively with all members of the Core Online Marketing team, partners, and clients to support email marketing and automation activities, and assist in various online marketing execution activities. The person in this role must be able to provide internal client service to Core Colleagues as well as be able to support the client directly as assigned. As a coordinator, the successful person in this role must be able to bring together people, information, and solutions as needed.
Day to day activities include:
- Ongoing communication with Core Team on project status
- Ongoing communication with Clients for input and approvals
- Manage day to day email marketing activities
- Set up email templates and populate with content and images
- Work with the Core team on implementing strategic email automation sequences
- Get client approvals for email distribution
- Edit and load email databases
- Generate email marketing reports on a regular basis with key insights to be sent to the client
- Maintain and segment client email databases
- Gather information for online opportunities in industry publications and associations
- Post Videos on YouTube and other Social sites as required
- Optimize videos as per the direction of other team members
- Work with Core Content Team to post blogs to client web sites.
- Ensure all on-page search engine elements are completed.
- Ensure proper categorization and tagging of blogs.
- Ensure images and esthetics of blog pages meet Core standards.
Web Site Updates
- Perform content and minor updates to client website based on input from Core team members, including image sourcing and 301 redirects.
- Maintain client website search engine visibility by updating SEO elements based on input from Core team members, including title tags, meta descriptions, alt tags, broken links, etc.
- Perform minor edits on designs, videos, and PDFs, and Microsoft Office documents.
Here are the skills and attributes you must have:
- Successful completion of a marketing related degree or diploma
- Working knowledge of Graphic Design Software (e.g. Photoshop, illustrator, InDesign)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Well organized, able to manage and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Quick Study/Ability to ?Get Things Done?
- Collaborative/Team Player
- A love for learning and a strong desire to ?Figure It Out?
- Upbeat and positive attitude
Preferred skills and technical knowledge:
- Experience using email marketing tools such as Campaign Monitor and other email distribution/marketing automation technologies such as MailChimp, Hubspot, and Infusionsoft.
- Working knowledge of Wordpress
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Basic Video Editing Skills
- Working knowledge of Slack and JIRA