As the world's number one distributor of heating, plumbing, industrial, and waterworks supplies, we know that talented people are essential to maintaining our success in the future.
Wolseley Canada offers many challenging and diverse career opportunities in our local branch networks and throughout our Regional and Corporate offices across Canada.
We are driven to achieve results, collaborate with each other to determine the best course of action, hold ourselves accountable at all times and demonstrate resilience when new challenges come our way.
Does this sound like you? Do you want to make a difference and grow your career? If so, then come join our talented and high performing team.
Wolseley Canada Inc. is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial products. With its head office located in Burlington, ON, Wolseley Canada Inc. operates out of 220 locations and has approximately 2,500 employees, coast-to-coast. Wolseley Canada Inc.'s parent company, Ferguson plc, is the world's largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. Ferguson plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE: FERG), the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:FERG), and on the FTSE 100 index of listed companies.
The successful candidate must be able to lead multiple projects simultaneously, work decisively and independently, and use written communication skills to connect with internal and external audiences.
- Produce written memos to ensure company information is cascaded to intended audiences in a timely and accurate manner.
- Lead communications efforts for various projects in the organization.
- Write engaging executive messages, scripts and thought leadership pieces for internal and external audiences.
- Organize logistics and prepare communications materials for corporate town halls.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for internal and external events.
- Elevate the organization's external brand presence by owning the award submission process for industry recognition.
- Post-secondary education majoring in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations;
- Exceptional project manager;
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point) is required;
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written;
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization;
- Highly organized in prioritizing work, multi-tasking, and consistently meeting deadlines within a fast-paced work environment;
- Extreme attention to detail and critical thinking;
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team-based environment; and
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Fluency in both French and English would be an asset.