Junior or Intermediate UI/UX/Graphic Designer
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
- $65,000.00 per year (experience dependent)
Medical Benefits: Extended Health & Dental
Operto Guest Technologies is looking for a Junior to Intermediate UI/UX and general Creative Designer to join our growing, dynamic team in Vancouver BC.
We are a fast moving SaaS and IoT start-up, serving the global hotel and vacation rental industries, with innovative, tech-forward solutions that support smart devices and feature-rich mobile and web applications.
You are relatively new to the SaaS industry, and eager to learn from an experienced leadership team that is committed to fostering your growth.
You are a multi-disciplinary creative, and can bring to the table a range of different abilities. Primarily, we're looking for someone who thrives on designing exceptional user experiences, where every pixel matters and enhances the user experience.
Ideally, you see user experience in both UI/UX applications as well as web and social content, as being just that
- an experience. You push your creative and personal comfort zones in order to innovate and better understand the experiences our customers have come to expect.
What You'll Get To Do:
- Collaborate with the Creative Director in support of cross-functional agile software product development, as well as general Marketing and Sales creative initiatives.
- Design and validate new and existing experiences via mockups, wireframes and end UI/UX assets.
- Work collaboratively with other designers and product managers to take projects from low fidelity abstracts, through to visual design and production.
- Provide support in day-to-day production needs, visual design inspiration, research and the maintenance of internal tools (e.g. our UI Library).
Who We're Looking For:
- 1-2+ year's experience creating compelling interfaces, and other creative works
- 1-2+ years of applied UI/UX design experience
- Familiar and comfortable with Wordpress, HTML and CSS modifications
- You have experience designing for mobile (native apps and mobile web), desktop, and web.
- A clear understanding of design thinking and an appreciation for user-centric design
- A functional understanding of front-end development and what you can/cannot do as a designer
- You have the ability to generate comprehensive UX wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and interactive prototypes for iOS, Android, and web
- Excellent graphic design skills (layout, typography, color)
- Ability to work well on an ego-free, highly collaborative, and cross-functional team
- Have a solid online portfolio to showcase your design philosophy
Tools and Technical Skills:
- Adobe Creative Suite ( Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects)
- Wordpress, HTML and CSS
- Google Suite
Please note that this is a local position, based out of our Vancouver HQ. Applications from individuals with non-BC locations will not be reviewed.
Character Must Haves:
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
- Desire to excel and succeed
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-improvement (goal
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature
- Self-motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!
- UI/UX and General Design: 1-2years (preferred)
Currently, the Operto Team is working a hybrid home/office schedule, where employees are free to make their own choice whether to work remotely or from home. Our intention is to ?return to normal? as soon as the current global pandemic subsides. Therefore the intention with this role, would be to work in-office full time, once it is safe to do so.