Hey there, we're Article. We're a digital-first furniture brand that's working to make everyday living better by providing an easy way for people to furnish their space. We don't have brick-and-mortar stores, so we're able to deliver better value on beautiful modern furniture. We've ranked as one of Canada's Fastest-Growing Companies for the last three years, and we're on the hunt for talented, enthusiastic team members who want to solve meaningful problems in pursuit of being remarkably better for our customers.
We're looking for a Graphic Designer to help elevate the Article experience on our digital marketing channels. Key responsibilities include working closely with our Art Director, Ecommerce and Email in partnership with our Marketing team to develop and design all our merchandising and campaign web experiences, developing and designing new programs for email, and playing a key role in bringing our creative vision to life through the application of our brand guidelines on our digital channels.
What you'll do
- Reporting to our Art Director, Ecommerce to produce branded material across a variety of digital channels
- Creating assets for Digital Marketing needs (newsletter, homepage, landing pages)
- Ensuring all content meets brand style guidelines, and advocating for best practices
- Presenting your work to key stakeholders, being responsive to design changes, and being innovative in your approach
- Working with our Creative and Marketing teams, including Ecommerce Visual Merchandising, Content, UX/UI, and Email to optimize creative outputs
- Providing and receiving feedback with other team members
- Contribute creative ideas towards team brainstorm sessions
- Ensuring all files are prepared and production-ready in a variety of digital mediums and formats
- Assisting with other Creative team projects as required
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Graphic Design Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years experience as a graphic designer, preferably for a lifestyle or DTC ecomm brand.
- Well versed in designing for web across various platforms
- Strong understanding of Adobe Creative Cloud programs
- Excellent graphic design and typography skills
- Proficient skills in illustration and icon crafting
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to create and communicate concepts to a team
- Ability to be self-directed and work independently
- Time management and multitasking abilities
- Awareness and interest in the design community in general
- Interest in home decor, interiors or industrial design is an asset
- Experience with Contentful is an asset
- Proficiency in Figma/Sketch is an asset
- Proficiency with CSS is an asset
- Motion graphics skills are an asset
At Article, we believe in an ?Ownership Mindset? where you'll be given autonomy and the ability to own your work. Beyond a competitive salary:
- We reward that ownership mindset, so we offer stock options after one year of employment
- With our fast growth, we have a culture of curiosity, where learning happens on the fly
- and while having a lot of fun
- Access to dental and health benefits package plus a health/lifestyle spending account for your total physical and mental well-being
- 45% discount on our products so you can experience first-hand why our customers love Article
- Your choice of state-of-the-art laptops with the tech and tools to easily collaborate
Most HQ employees are working from home due to COVID-19. When it's safe to return to the office, we have flexible solutions if you want to be in the office a lot, sometimes, or not at all.
- When our office is safe to reopen, you'll love that:
- The Article HQ is a converted warehouse with in-house photo studios, an airy open layout, an open kitchen filled with snacks, premium coffees and teas (and ALL the milks).
- A dog-friendly office. We love our dog friends here at Article. If you have a well-behaved, well-socialized pup, we'd love to have them in the office too.
- Onsite fitness equipment, change rooms (including towel service!) and bike storage
- Regular extra-curricular activities, such as socials, open-mics, picnics... even cross-country skiing! For now, we've replaced them with creative virtual events for the time being
- like virtual trivia night or a cooking class through Zoom!
Ready to become a Particle? Apply today. We're excited to meet you
Article is the easiest way to create a beautiful modern space.
Article started from a desire to improve efficiency and make furniture less expensive for everyone. In 2014 we had 4 employees; now we have over 700 and have been growing at about 50% yearly.
Our office and warehouse space has grown from under 15,000 sq ft to over 1,200,000 sq ft, and our yearly revenue has grown to match.
Our head office is based in Vancouver, Canada, an office in Ho Chi Minh City, and warehouses in Seattle, Los Angles, San Fransisco, Jacksonville, Austin, Dallas, Portland, Houston, Denver, Baltimore, Toronto, Boston, and New Jersey.